facebook

Error publish project in MyEclipse 2016 CI 2

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Fernimal
    Participant

Hi,
    I have upgrade a workspace from “MyEclipse 2015 Stable 3.0” to “2016 CI 2”.
    When trying to publish a project to “JonAs 5.2.2”, the following error appears:
    Could not publish to the server. java.lang.NullPointerException

In “<workspace>\.metadata\.log”, i can see this:

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview 4 0 2016-05-10 16:37:31.639
    !MESSAGE gapdebug.local.genuitec.com
    !STACK 0
    java.net.UnknownHostException: gapdebug.local.genuitec.com
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName0(InetAddress.java:1280)
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1192)
    at java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName(InetAddress.java:1126)
    at java.net.InetAddress.getByName(InetAddress.java:1076)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.websocket.server.LPWebSocketController.startWebSocketServer(LPWebSocketController.java:60)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.websocket.server.LPWebSocketController.startWebSocketServer(LPWebSocketController.java:54)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.websocket.server.LPWebSocketController.getWebSocketServer(LPWebSocketController.java:39)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.common.LPMappingService.getTimestampForProject(LPMappingService.java:227)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.deploy.InjectCSSIDFlatFile.getModificationStamp(InjectCSSIDFlatFile.java:119)
    at org.eclipse.wst.web.internal.deployables.FlatComponentDeployable$ComponentModuleResource.getModificationStamp(FlatComponentDeployable.java:387)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:448)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:455)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.fillCache(ModulePublishInfo.java:436)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.getDelta(ModulePublishInfo.java:516)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.getPublishedResourceDelta(Server.java:1614)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.getPublishedResourceDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:705)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.computeDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:889)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish2(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:933)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:782)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.publishImpl(Server.java:3363)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server$PublishJob.run(Server.java:360)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.server.core 4 0 2016-05-10 16:37:31.655
    !MESSAGE Error calling delegate publish() JOnAS 5.x at localhost
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.websocket.server.LPWebSocketController.waitForReady(LPWebSocketController.java:112)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.websocket.server.LPWebSocketController.getWebSocketServer(LPWebSocketController.java:40)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.common.LPMappingService.getTimestampForProject(LPMappingService.java:227)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.deploy.InjectCSSIDFlatFile.getModificationStamp(InjectCSSIDFlatFile.java:119)
    at org.eclipse.wst.web.internal.deployables.FlatComponentDeployable$ComponentModuleResource.getModificationStamp(FlatComponentDeployable.java:387)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:448)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:455)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.fillCache(ModulePublishInfo.java:436)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ModulePublishInfo.getDelta(ModulePublishInfo.java:516)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.ServerPublishInfo.getDelta(ServerPublishInfo.java:410)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.internal.Server.getPublishedResourceDelta(Server.java:1614)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.getPublishedResourceDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:705)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.computeDelta(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:889)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish2(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:933)
    at org.eclipse.wst.server.core.model.ServerBehaviourDelegate.publish(ServerBehaviourDelegate.java:782)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.wst.server.core 4 0 2016-05-10 16:37:31.686
    !MESSAGE Could not publish to the server.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.websocket.server.LPWebSocketController.waitForReady(LPWebSocketController.java:112)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.webclipse.livepreview.websocket.server.LPWebSocketController.getWebSocketServer(LPWebSocketController.java:40)

Please, can you help me?
    Thanks in advanced!!

#482402 Reply

Fernimal
    Participant

I have tried to deploy with the opcion “Live Preview” enabled and disabled, but no lucky..

#482412 Reply

support-swapna

Fernimal,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. The dev team is investigating the issue.
    We will get back to you soon about the fix.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#482483 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Fernimal,

We’re releasing an update tomorrow which should have a fix for this issue. In the meanwhile, you can workaround the issue by editing your hosts file and mapping
    gapdebug.local.genuitec.com to 127.0.0.1

I’m presuming you’re on Windows, to make this mapping, you would
    1) Shut down MyEclipse
    2) Run Notepad as Administrator
    3) From notepad, open the c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file
    4) Add the line
    127.0.0.1 gapdebug.local.genuitec.com
    5) Save the file (note, this will only work if Notepad has been run as Administrator)
    6) Start MyEclipse.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience caused and thank you for bringing this to our attention; we were able to make a fix just in time for tomorrow’s release.

#482551 Reply

Fernimal
    Participant

Now deploy a project works fine!!

Thanks.

#489272 Reply

support-swapna

Fernimal,

We have released an update to MyEclipse 2016 CI, CI 4 recently. With the latest update, to use Live Preview, you will now need to turn on CodeLive per server, and then select the files you want to use CodeLive. The first time you view you web project in a browser, you can select the files that will utilize CodeLive. This change in Live Preview optimizes performance by injecting only the necessary files.

Here is the updated documentation for Live Preview using CodeLive : https://www.genuitec.com/products/webclipse/learning-center/using-live-preview/

Please update to MyEclipse 2016 CI 4 and let us know how it works for you. Appreciate your feedback.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#489275 Reply

Fernimal
    Participant

Hi,
    I have updated to MyEclipse CI 4, and server deploy works fine. With ‘CodeLive‘ enabled and disabled.

But i can see the “CodeLive icon” to choose the files i want.. I don’t know how to use the LivePreview option…

Another issue: opening an existing workspace, in the “Show view” window, some features are disabled, and give error trying to use it.
    Ej: clicking in “Browser Console” show the error: “Could not create the view: org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.ui.views.console
    In a blank workspace works fine.

I have attach 2 screenshots of the “Show View” window in a blank workspace, and a existing workspace.

Also, I have attached the “.log” file. It contains same errors:
    – org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource is out of sync with the file system: ‘/Servers/.settings/org.eclipse.wst.server.core.prefs’.
    – java.net.UnknownHostException: http://www.genuitec.com
    – java.io.IOException: Unable to resolve plug-in “platform:/plugin/org.eclipse.atf.mozilla.ide.ui/icons/console/jsconsole.gif”.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #489368 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Fernimal,

Thank you for trying the upgrade and we’re glad deployment now works in both case.

1) https://www.genuitec.com/products/webclipse/learning-center/using-live-preview/
    This tutorial should help you get started with Live Preview.

2) The missing icons: looks like you’ve opened this workspace with another instance of Eclipse which had these views – MyEclipse has never shipped with most (if not all) these. When you now open this workspace with MyEclipse, these tools can’t be found and you see the red icons. Ideally, Eclipse should be cleaning up contributions that no longer make sense, but it doesn’t do so consistently, resulting in you seeing stale UI elements from plugins that are no longer part of the installation. This is a fundamental Eclipse bug, you could try starting your older workspace with the -clean argument to see if it removes these entries.

#489428 Reply

Fernimal
    Participant

hi,
    Where is the “CodeLive Dashboard”? I can’t find it.

Thanks!

Attachments:
    #489431 Reply

support-swapna

Fernimal,

You will see the CodeLive Dashboard when you access the web page in the browser. The CodeLive Dashboard is shown for a project which is deployed to a server on which CodeLive is enabled.

First step is enabling the CodeLive on the server and deploying the project to it. Toggle the CodeLive button in the Servers view to enable it or right click on the server in the Servers view and select ‘CodeLive’ from the context menu. Once the project is deployed on the server with CodeLive enabled, access the web page in the browser to see the CodeLive Dashboard.

Please see the attached screenshot for your reference.

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
    #489434 Reply

Fernimal
    Participant

Hi,
    The problem is that i can see the “CodeLive Dashboard” (panel).
    Is it in “Windows”->”Show View” menu? I can find it.

Thanks.

#489436 Reply

Fernimal
    Participant

Sorry, i have found it in my Chrome browser…

Regards.

#489451 Reply

support-swapna

Fernimal,

Glad that you figured it out. Let us know if you see any issues with the CodeLive/Live Preview.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#493809 Reply

idontwantosleep
    Participant

sir, i couldnt find the codeLive dashboard after i enabled codeLive button, im using Eclipse Neon?

#493815 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with Live Preview. I see no issues with Live Preview using CodeLive in Eclipse Neon at my end.

1. Can you please recheck if you are following the steps correctly for setting up Live Preview using CodeLive : https://www.genuitec.com/products/webclipse/learning-center/using-live-preview/ ?

The CodeLive should be turned on in the Servers view and when you access the project in the browser, you will see the CodeLive Dashboard. Attached is the screenshot for your reference.

2. Can you please check if the CodeLive dashboard appears when accessing the project in an external browser like Chrome?

3. If you are still seeing issues, then please share with us more details about the project and the server you are deploying the project to. Please also send us the .log file located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log for further investigation.

Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Attachments:
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Error publish project in MyEclipse 2016 CI 2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in