facebook

Error reading ojdbc

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

k.nguyen
    Participant

I have a simple web project where I do use maven dependency. It worked on my older pc but it fails on a new PC. Both my old and new PCs are simple window based. I am using MyEclipse Version: 2015 Stable 3.0

Even before compiling, the error message I got is that ojdbc jar is not a valid file.
    I have done the following but none seems to work:
    – changed the dependency from ojdbc6 to ojdbc7 – not working
    – installed ojdbc6 on my local repository – not working

Below is the error as shown under the problem tab.
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    Archive for required library: ‘C:/dev/local_m2/repository/com/oracle/jdbc/ojdbc7/12.1.0.2/ojdbc7-12.1.0.2.jar’ in project ‘dmepII’ cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file

Below is a portion of the compiling errors
    [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.1:compile (default-compile) on project dmepII: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
    [ERROR] error reading C:\dev\local_m2\repository\com\oracle\jdbc\ojdbc7\12.1.0.2\ojdbc7-12.1.0.2.jar; error in opening zip file
    [ERROR] error reading C:\dev\local_m2\repository\net\sf\opencsv\opencsv\2.4\opencsv-2.4.jar; error in opening zip file
    [ERROR] error reading C:\dev\local_m2\repository\com\oracle\jdbc\ojdbc7\12.1.0.2\ojdbc7-12.1.0.2.jar; error in opening zip file
    [ERROR] error reading C:\dev\local_m2\repository\net\sf\opencsv\opencsv\2.4\opencsv-2.4.jar; error in opening zip file
    …….

Any help is appreciated..

#484682 Reply

support-swapna

k.nguyen,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Are you working with the embedded Maven (Maven4MyEclipse) or an external Maven installation?

Right click on the project-> Maven4MyEclipse -> Update Project. Select all the options esp. the one “Force update of snapshots/releases” except “offline” and click OK. Clean build the project and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, then can you please try downloading the jar manually, remove all files of C:\dev\local_m2\repository\com\oracle\jdbc\ojdbc7\12.1.0.2\ , copy the jar which you downloaded to the location : C:\dev\local_m2\repository\com\oracle\jdbc\ojdbc7\12.1.0.2\ and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#484694 Reply

k.nguyen
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    There is not option to force update. See attached screen shot.

I tried that jar path; does not work.

I removed the ojdbc dependency in POM, then added the jar as an external jar. Same reading error is shown in the problem tab.

I check out the project, and do not use maven dependency at all but simply add all dependency jar. The error is not there.

Likely the Maven4MyEclipse has some issues.
    I did use the Maven4Myeclipse, not an external installation.

I have to return to my project using my old pc for now.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #484952 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

k.nguyen,

The fact that you don’t have the “Update Project” menu item suggests that you added the “Maven Support – Dependencies Only” facet to an existing non-Maven project. You would need to install the “Maven Support for Java EE Projects” facet to that project to get full Maven support. However, the error stated that “‘C:/dev/local_m2/repository/com/oracle/jdbc/ojdbc7/12.1.0.2/ojdbc7-12.1.0.2.jar’ in project ‘dmepII’ cannot be read or is not a valid ZIP file”. Could you please check that the specified file can be unpacked using a zip or archive utility?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Error reading ojdbc

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in