facebook

Error using Myeclipse with Java 9 in a project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

matthew friend
    Participant

I am using version 2017 Cl 6
    Build ID 15.0.1-20170605

When I try to select the Java 9 JDk I get the error:
    “Tarket is not a JDK root. System library was not found.”

I am trying to use Java 9 in my project (I want to practice with Java 9. I’m not trying to run MyEclipse ON Java 9, just use it as the JDK in a project).

I have tried both x86 and the x64 bit versions of Java 9 (latest version 176).

I have tried selecting the root of the JDK folder, the JRE folder, etc. Myeclipse easily finds the other version ( 8 131) with no problems.

Is there a patch or something I need to be doing differently?

Thanks,
    Matthew Friend

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #528920 Reply

support-swapna

Matthew,

MyEclipse does not support Java 9 yet. Java 9 is still in beta stage and Eclipse Oxygen, the latest release does not support Java 9 yet and requires patches to be installed to add Java 9 beta support.

There is a patch available for Eclipse Neon on which MyEclipse 2017 is based but it does not seem to be working with newer builds of Java 9 (build 9+176).

The update site url of the patch for Eclipse Neon is : http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.6-P-builds/

Unfortunately, it does not look like Java 9 would work stably in MyEclipse 2017 at this point of time.

Apologies for inconvenience caused. Please let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Error using Myeclipse with Java 9 in a project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in