facebook

Error when "Allow output folders for source folders&quo

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

cschofld

Is “Allow output folders for source folders” no longer an option? In another post the solution was to uncheck it.

I have some existing web projects that have a different structure. Using past versions of myeclipse I have been able to check “Allow output folders for source folders” and have it deploy based on the output settings for the source folder. For example the project has web/images, web/includes, and web/jsp folders. Setting these as source folders with output to “WebRoot” would deploy just fine.

I’m now getting an error whenever a source folder is set to output other than the default.

I’ve tried cleaning the project, creating a new workspace. Should this work?

Here is the error:
    org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource ‘/oat/WebRoot/WEB-INF/classes’ does not exist.
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkExists(Resource.java:310)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Resource.checkAccessible(Resource.java:193)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Container.members(Container.java:181)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Container.members(Container.java:164)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.BatchImageBuilder.cleanOutputFolders(BatchImageBuilder.java:98)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.BatchImageBuilder.build(BatchImageBuilder.java:45)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.buildAll(JavaBuilder.java:269)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.core.builder.JavaBuilder.build(JavaBuilder.java:183)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$2.run(BuildManager.java:624)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:166)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:197)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager$1.run(BuildManager.java:246)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:37)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuild(BuildManager.java:249)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.basicBuildLoop(BuildManager.java:302)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.BuildManager.build(BuildManager.java:334)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.doBuild(AutoBuildJob.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.events.AutoBuildJob.run(AutoBuildJob.java:235)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Here is my installation:
    *** Date:
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 3:33:23 PM MDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 6.5.1 GA
    Build id: 6.5.1-GA-20080715

*** Eclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench

Version: 6.5.1 GA
    Build id: 6.5.1-GA-20080715

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129-_19UEl7Ezk_gXF1kouft
    Build id: M20080221-1800

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129-8y8eE9UEUWI6qujeED0xT7bc

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.3.2.r33x_r20080129-7o7jE7_EDhYDiyVEnjb1pFd7ZGD7

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129-7N7M5DQVIA_6oJsEFkEL

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.3.3.r33x_r20080129-7M7J7LB-u3aphGW6o3_VmiVfGXWO

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.3.2.v20080129
    Build id: 20080221-1602

Eclipse startup command=-data
    C:\Vision\eclipse-ws\wls7
    -os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -showsplash
    -launcher
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.5\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    –launcher.library
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.5\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.win32.win32.x86_1.0.3.R33x_v20080118\eclipse_1023.dll
    -startup
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.5\eclipse\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher_1.0.1.R33x_v20080118.jar
    -exitdata
    dc8_68
    -clean
    -vm
    C:\Program Files\MyEclipse 6.5\jre\bin\javaw.exe

#289374 Reply

Loyal Water

Is “Allow output folders for source folders” no longer an option?

You mean you are unable to find this option? It present under Project > Properties > Java Build Path > Source.

#289397 Reply

cschofld

@support-nipun wrote:

Is “Allow output folders for source folders” no longer an option?

You mean you are unable to find this option? It present under Project > Properties > Java Build Path > Source.

I mean that in another post the developer was told to “uncheck” the option in order to solve a similar issue.

I am able to find and check the option, but it will not deploy. Please see the error info in the original post.

Thanks for your help.

#289438 Reply

Loyal Water

Is this happening with just one project or with all projects. I want you to try this out with a new project and let me know if you get the same error. That would help us know whether this is a project related issue or an IDE related issue.

#289447 Reply

cschofld

@support-nipun wrote:

Is this happening with just one project or with all projects. I want you to try this out with a new project and let me know if you get the same error.

It may be project related. I have one project that works, but I can’t get it to work for any new projects. I did create a new project as follows:

1. New Web Project (entered project name; everything else default)
    2. New Class (enter package and name)
    3. New source folder
    4. Copied web.xml to new folder
    5. Configure build path
    – – Check “Allow output folders for source folders”
    – – Set output for new folder to “WebRoot/WEB-INF/”
    6. Click OK

The log file then shows the error.

I have tried comparing all the dot files from the working project with other projects. Even though I make all the non-project specific values the same it still gives the error.

The projects use cvs. Is there a way to change the project structure, but have the files synchronize with the original cvs location?

Thanks for looking at this issue.

#289522 Reply

cschofld

@cschofld wrote:

5. Configure build path
    – – Check “Allow output folders for source folders”
    – – Set output for new folder to “WebRoot/WEB-INF/”

It appears that it is only an error when the output folder is “WebRoot/WEB-INF”. Setting the output folder to “WebRoot/jsp” does not give an error.

Any ideas? Should this be posted as a bug?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Error when "Allow output folders for source folders&quo

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in