facebook

Error while opening a JS file.

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

rampi

I get an error while opening a JS file. My project has web capabilities as well.
    Does anyone know about this?

Ram

What operating system and version are you running?
    Linux (gentoo, kernel 2.4)

What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform)
    Version: 3.0.1
    Build id: 200409161125

– Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse?
    No

– If not, was it upgraded to its current version using the update manager?
    No

– Are any other external plugins installed?
    Yes

– How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*
    What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features)
    3.8.2 with the second quick fix

What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? (java -version)
    sun 1.5.0

What JDK version are you using to launch your application server?
    Not using that capability. Just using MyEclipse to edit

What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?
    Simply opened a JS file

What application server are you using?
    Jboss

Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? (<workspace>/.metadata/.log)
    Yes Attached below.

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/rsarma/eclipse-3.0/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_3.0.1/os/linux/x86/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3063.so: /home/rsarma/eclipse-3.0/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_3.0.1/os/linux/x86/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3063.so: undefined symbol: _ZN9nsCStringC1Ev
    at java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:1751)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1660)
    at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:822)
    at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:992)
    at org.eclipse.swt.internal.Library.loadLibrary(Library.java:100)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:116)
    at com.ibm.sse.editor.javascript.JSPreviewPage.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.sse.editor.javascript.JSMultiPageEditorPart.addPreviewPage(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.sse.editor.javascript.JSMultiPageEditorPart.createPages(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:187)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane$2.run(PartPane.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:616)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Platform.run(Platform.java:747)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createChildControl(PartPane.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createControl(PartPane.java:205)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:939)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:921)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.setSelection(EditorStack.java:196)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.setVisibleEditor(EditorStack.java:200)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.setVisibleEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:338)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.openEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:268)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager$4.run(EditorManager.java:694)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:683)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openInternalEditor(EditorManager.java:779)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:582)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:570)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2244)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2177)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$6(WorkbenchPage.java:2169)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2156)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2151)
    at org.eclipse.ui.ide.IDE.openEditor(IDE.java:299)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenFileAction.openFile(OpenFileAction.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.ui.actions.OpenSystemEditorAction.run(OpenSystemEditorAction.java:94)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.OpenActionGroup.runDefaultAction(OpenActionGroup.java:111)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.MainActionGroup.runDefaultAction(MainActionGroup.java:293)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator.handleOpen(ResourceNavigator.java:624)
    at org.eclipse.ui.views.navigator.ResourceNavigator$6.open(ResourceNavigator.java:388)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$2.run(StructuredViewer.java:429)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.InternalPlatform.run(InternalPlatform.java:616)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.fireOpen(StructuredViewer.java:427)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:635)
    at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.StructuredViewer$6.handleOpen(StructuredViewer.java:731)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.fireOpenEvent(OpenStrategy.java:211)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy.access$2(OpenStrategy.java:206)
    at org.eclipse.jface.util.OpenStrategy$1.handleEvent(OpenStrategy.java:238)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:82)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:954)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:2595)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2298)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1377)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1348)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:254)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:185)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:704)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:688)

#220589 Reply

Greg

This is because your mozilla version isn’t compatible with Eclipse 3.0.1. You can view the HTML Editor Quickstart and look at section 9, the FAQ section, at the first question. There it is explains how to install a Eclipse 3.0.1 compatible version of mozilla on your system.

Also, version 3.8.3 which is in the final stages of QA, has fixed this issue where you can go ahead and open the JS editor even if you don’t have a compatible version of mozilla installed.

#221465 Reply

mmlenz

sez you buddy 🙂 I’m using 3.8.3 and clicked on the browser tab. I got an error that recommended I restart eclipse. I did so and now I can’t start eclipse at all. I’m getting the following error.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.osgi Dec 17, 2004 14:56:01.743
    !MESSAGE Application error
    !STACK 1
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles (java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/mlenz/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_3.0.1/os/linux/x86/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3063.so: /home/mlenz/eclipse/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_3.0.1/os/linux/x86/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3063.so: undefined symbol: _ZN9nsCStringC1Ev)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2717)
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:2616)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:119)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.browser.HTMLViewer.createControl(Unknown Source) at com.genuitec.eclipse.browser.HTMLViewer.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.browser.HTMLViewer.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.browser.HTMLViewer.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.browser.HTMLView.createPartControl(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane$2.run(PartPane.java:137)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.createChildControl(PartPane.java:133)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.createChildControl(ViewPane.java:135)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewFactory$1.run(ViewFactory.java:351)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewFactory.busyRestoreView(ViewFactory.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewFactory$2.run(ViewFactory.java:530)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewFactory.restoreView(ViewFactory.java:528) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewFactory$ViewReference.getPart(ViewFactory.java:102)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$1.propertyChange(WorkbenchPage.java:132)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.LayoutPart.setVisible(LayoutPart.java:268)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:317)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ViewPane.setVisible(ViewPane.java:568)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:122)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.DefaultPartPresentation.selectPart(DefaultPartPresentation.java:1116)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:946)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:467)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.createControl(PartStack.java:367)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartSashContainer.createControl(PartSashContainer.java:432)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PerspectiveHelper.activate(PerspectiveHelper.java:155)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Perspective.onActivate(Perspective.java:732)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.onActivate(WorkbenchPage.java:2063)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$4.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:1858)
    at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69) at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.setActivePage(WorkbenchWindow.java:1845)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.restoreState(WorkbenchWindow.java:1409)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1224)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$10(Workbench.java:1185)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$13.run(Workbench.java:1096)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.restoreState(Workbench.java:1029)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchConfigurer.restoreState(WorkbenchConfigurer.java:167)
    at org.eclipse.ui.application.WorkbenchAdvisor.openWindows(WorkbenchAdvisor.java:652)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.init(Workbench.java:819)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1325)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:254)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:141)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:96)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:335)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:273)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:129)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:183)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:644)
    at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:628)

This is when I try to start eclipse. It just fails and tells me to look at the .metadata/.log file

#221528 Reply

Greg

The issue you are having is the same as the previous user, except that you are having trouble with the WebBrowser view instead of the javascript editor. You can look at the ME 3.8.3 documenation inside of eclipse under the HTML Editing quickstart or the online version I referenced above to find information on how to get an eclipse 3.0.1 compatiblie mozilla installed.

#221534 Reply

mmlenz

Installing an outdated version of mozilla really isn’t all that acceptable of a solution (config files in the home directory would probably be easily horked when using the old version). I realize that you guys don’t write eclipse so there isn’t much you can do about it until 3.1 is released. However, I really don’t care if I view or edit html in eclipse at this point I’d just like to be able to launch it. Is there anyway I can get eclipse to start again? I assume there is some config file that tells eclipse to start where it left off (with the browser tab clicked). I just won’t click it again, I was simply poking around.

#221541 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I assume there is some config file that tells eclipse to start where it left off (with the browser tab clicked).

You can restart Eclipse with the -clean commandline option to force it to forget its configuration cache.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Error while opening a JS file.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in