facebook

Error with ‘create web service with WSDL’

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Services
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

In a previous release of Eclipse [a couple before Version: 3.2.0 Build id: M20060629-1905] I was able
    to use MyEclipse and create java code from the WSDL. Now I get simple “Error generating service” and
    the following in the error log file …

eclipse.buildId=M20060629-1905
    java.version=1.6.0-beta2
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.xfire 4 0 2006-08-03 10:11:26.754
    !MESSAGE Error generating services
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: An operation with name [ExecuteNonQuery] already exists in this service
    at org.codehaus.xfire.service.ServiceInfo.addOperation(ServiceInfo.java:75)
    at org.codehaus.xfire.wsdl11.parser.WSDLServiceBuilder.visit(WSDLServiceBuilder.java:437)
    at org.codehaus.xfire.wsdl11.parser.WSDLServiceBuilder.visit(WSDLServiceBuilder.java:385)
    at org.codehaus.xfire.wsdl11.parser.WSDLServiceBuilder.build(WSDLServiceBuilder.java:187)
    at org.codehaus.xfire.gen.Wsdl11Generator.generate(Wsdl11Generator.java:100)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ws.xfire.generator.WSGenJob.run(WSGenJob.java:59)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:58)

Where should we start?

#256101 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Is the error accurate? Is a service with the same name already defined?

#256119 Reply

Sadly, Since all of this was more or less a point and click operation and the WSDL is generated from a .NET
    interface – I am almost clueless on this. I found the old wsdl file, installed an older release of Eclipse, etc., and started validating the wsdl file with
    Eclipse Version: 3.2.0
    Build id: M20060629-1905
    and
    MyEclipse Base Platform Support

Version: 4.9.200
    Build id: 20060703-5.0-M2

The guy that generated this says that I should be able to remove them from my interface. I’m trying to get past the validation issues. Orginally I was able to get the java code built with the axis stuff …

* This file was auto-generated from WSDL by the Apache Axis 1.2.1 Jun 14, 2005
    * (09:15:57 EDT) WSDL2Java emitter.

This is the portion of the wsdl that does not validate ….

<wsdl:operation name=”ExecuteNonQuery”>
    <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/”>This method wrap the ExecuteNonQuery method provided by the Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block.</wsdl:documentation>
    <wsdl:input name=”ExecuteNonQueryPs” message=”tns:ExecuteNonQueryPsSoapIn” />
    <wsdl:output name=”ExecuteNonQueryPs” message=”tns:ExecuteNonQueryPsSoapOut” />
    </wsdl:operation>
    <wsdl:operation name=”ExecuteNonQuery”>
    <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/”>This method wrap the ExecuteNonQuery method provided by the Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block.</wsdl:documentation>
    <wsdl:input name=”ExecuteNonQueryQry” message=”tns:ExecuteNonQueryQrySoapIn” />
    <wsdl:output name=”ExecuteNonQueryQry” message=”tns:ExecuteNonQueryQrySoapOut” />
    <wsdl:operation name=”ExecuteDataSet”>
    <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/”>This method wrap the ExecuteDataSet method provided by the Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block.</wsdl:documentation>
    <wsdl:input name=”ExecuteDataSetPs” message=”tns:ExecuteDataSetPsSoapIn” />
    <wsdl:output name=”ExecuteDataSetPs” message=”tns:ExecuteDataSetPsSoapOut” />
    <wsdl:operation name=”ExecuteDataSet”>
    <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/”>This method wrap the ExecuteDataSet method provided by the Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block.</wsdl:documentation>
    <wsdl:input name=”ExecuteDataSetQry” message=”tns:ExecuteDataSetQrySoapIn” />
    <wsdl:output name=”ExecuteDataSetQry” message=”tns:ExecuteDataSetQrySoapOut” />
    <wsdl:operation name=”ExecuteScalar”>
    <wsdl:documentation xmlns:wsdl=”http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/”>This method wrap the ExecuteScalar method provided by the Enterprise Library Data Access Application Block.</wsdl:documentation>
    <wsdl:input name=”ExecuteScalarPs” message=”tns:ExecuteScalarPsSoapIn” />
    <wsdl:output name=”ExecuteScalarPs” message=”tns:ExecuteScalarPsSoapOut” />

#256121 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I’m not sure what was handed off to you or how it works, but if you create a brand new project, are you able to get started again?

#256124 Reply

No. After cleaning all the ‘duplicate’ errors it then stops with a null.pointer.exception.

I’m starting to wonder if this has ever worked!
    I though I used MyEclipse to create them before. I know it was auto generated. And it worked I was able to create a client that used the generated stubs and skeletons. This is S…ing because now I have a deadline looming! I’m going to look like sh..!

#256130 Reply

Brian Fernandes

gfollis,

You might have originally generated your java code using WTP’s axis based wizard and not ours.
    Can you tell me what you are trying to do now – how exactly are you invoking the wizard and what options are you choosing in it?

You mentioned an NPE in your last post, do you have a stack trace for that – like Riyad mentioned, generating into a new project should be the least error prone.

Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Error with ‘create web service with WSDL’

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in