facebook

Errors creating HTML – Compute Angular2 Template Proposals

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

I have a non-Angular CLI project that I imported in Angular-IDE CI4 on Windows 10 (currently at CI7). I get an error when trying to enter HTML, even starting with an empty file. I just created a new file and started to enter a <div>. Here’s the error and details:

'Compute Angular2 Template Proposals' has encountered a problem.

Details:
    An internal error occurred during: "Compute Angular2 Template Proposals".
    The following request caused an error to be thrown:
    {"endpoint":"angular","method":"getCompletionsAtPosition","arguments":["xxx","eclipse:xxx/client/imports/app/admin/foo.html","<",1]}

I really need a solution – I’ve worked around it but it’s a real pain. Thanks.

• This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Bob Dietrich.
    • This topic was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Bob Dietrich.
    #533624 Reply

support-swapna

Bob,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem.

Can you please give us some more details for further investigation?

1. What exactly is the type of project when you say non-Angular CLI project? Is it a Web/JavaScript project?
    Please share with us more details about the project.
    2. Can you please check if you can create a new non-Angular CLI project and the issue persists with it as well?
    3. If possible, please send us the .zip of the project to help us replicate the problem at our end. Also send us the .log file located at workspace dir/.metadata/.log.
    4. Please also share with us the workaround details.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#533807 Reply

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

Thanks for responding. To answer your questions:

1. It’s a Web/JavaScript project. The source is the Meteor Angular2 boilerplate code – I cloned the git project and imported it. See meteor create --list
    2. Creating a bare project from scratch does not seem to have the problem. But with the following steps I can recreate the problem.
      • git clone https://github.com/bsliran/angular2-meteor-base test
      • cd test
      • meteor npm install
      • Open Angular IDE, right-click on Project Explorer, and select Import Projects From File System or Archive. Select the project directory and click Finish.
      • In the client directory, right-click New | File. Create a file called test.html.
      • Type an opening angle bracket.
    3. Attached.
    4. Only workaround is to type fast and ignore the error, or edit HTML outside the IDE.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #533900 Reply

support-swapna

Bob,

Thank you for the details and the log. I could replicate the problem at my end.
    I have filed a bug for the dev team to investigate further. I am afraid I cannot suggest any workaround at this point of time. We will get back to you soon with more details about the fix.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#541244 Reply

Bob Dietrich
    Participant

What is the status of this bug? It’s approaching 3 months since it was filed. Thanks.

#541287 Reply

support-swapna

Bob,

The dev team is looking into fixing it for the next release, i.e CI 9. We will keep you posted if there are any changes to the fix schedule.

Apologies for the delay.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#541816 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bob,

Unfortunately, we’re unable to take this on for CI 9. We did investigate the issue, and the problem was caused the fact that you’re using a style *import* instead of referencing the style file.

Of course, this valid TypeScript / Angular code and I’m not expecting you to change it – we’ll fix the bug that will allow this to work. Just providing the information here in case it helps.

Apologies again for the long delay.

#544808 Reply

PLAMEN
    Participant

Just to say I got this very annoying issue as well.

I had to disable “Angular Template Proposals” in

Window -> Preferences -> Web -> HTML Files -> Content Assist

Looking forward for the fix.

Plamen

#544857 Reply

support-swapna

Plamen,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem. The dev team is already working on it and we will keep you posted when the fix is out.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Errors creating HTML – Compute Angular2 Template Proposals

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in