facebook

Errors on startup

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi! When starting up MyEclipse, one of our team is getting errors, or strange behaviors once the workspace is up (editors not opening files, for instance). The initial error he gets on startup is a ClassCast exception inside the J2EE support: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.wst.common.componentcore.internal.resources.VirtualComponent cannot be cast to org.eclipse.jst.j2ee.componentcore.util.EARVirtualComponent

He’s running MyEclipse 8.5. Attached you will find the log file, and our setup information.

Moises

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #318775 Reply

support-joy

Moises,

Sorry to hear your teammate is facing this issue. Thank you for attaching the .log and installation detail. I believe the workspace is corrupted. I would suggest below workarounds –
    1. Try -clean, refer – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/
    2. In case clean does not help, I am afraid, I would recommend a re-install. Please use pulse for a faster re-install. Here are the steps –
    a. Open Pulse (Start > Programs > Pulse > Pulse Explorer or open C:\Program Files\Genuitec\Pulse Explorer\Pulse Explorer.exe)
    b. Login to pulse or you can also login anonymously
    c. Select “Eclipse – Galileo” realm from top left hand corner dropdown
    d. Select “MyEclipse 8.x” from “My profiles”, right click on the same and click on [re-install and run]
    e. This will open a wizard which will guide you through the rest of the steps.

Let me know how this works.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Errors on startup

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in