facebook

Errors running builder 'Java Builder'

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

afxgroup
    Participant

Hello,
    i’ve just updated MyEclipse to version 2018 and now on one of my project i have this error:

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder ‘Java Builder’ on project ‘app-monolith’.
    javax/annotation/processing/AbstractProcessor

And it is shown forever until i click on “X” button to stop the build

#597186 Reply

support-swapna

afxgroup,

Thank you for updating to MyEclipse 2018. Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Can you please share with us more details about the project, whether it is a java/web/ear/maven project?
    2. Did you get prompted for the project migration ? If yes, then did you see any errors during migration? If you can remember, what exact changes did you make to the project to successfully migrate it?
    3. To rule out metadata corruption, can you please switch to a new workspace, import the project and check if you still see the build error?
    4. If the above suggestion does not help, then please share with us the complete .log file by clicking on the ‘Export Log’ icon in the Error Log view to help us get full details of the errors logged.
    5. If possible, please also share with us the zipped project files from before migration to help us replicate the problem at our end. If you have concerns sharing the source code with us, then please strip the source code and send us all the .* files (.settings folder, .classpath, .project etc) and configuration files.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#597189 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Additionally, I wanted to point out that MyEclipse 2018 ships with Java 10. Depending on how your project is configured, and how you imported it, the project may be compiling with Java 10 instead of, say, Java 8. If this is the case, you should correct this and try again, if not, do let us have the answers to Swapna’s questions above and we’ll try to sort this out.

Thanks!

#597193 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

Hello,
    It is a maven project (a multi project) since there is a main project and several subprojects. I didn’t get any migration window. For any project in my old workspace. Maybe because they are all maven projects?
    Java version is the 1.7
    Attached you can find the pom.xml and the error.log.
    As you can see the error is

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/annotation/processing/AbstractProcessor

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #597195 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

The pom.xml cannot be attached..

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by afxgroup.
    #597365 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Apologies for not responding earlier. Your pom.xml file did not come through, could you zip it or rename it to pom.txt and reattach it?

Continuing on the Java 10 angle, could you try starting MyEclipse with Java 8 instead and see if this resolves the problem? To do this, edit your myeclipse.ini file and modify the -vm argument so that it points to your Java 8 install instead (you could point to the VM that’s part of your 2017 installation too). Do let us know if this resolves the problem, that will help with our investigation.

#597403 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

With java 8 there are no problems

Attached the pom file

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #612101 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

After updating to myeclipse 2019 the problem still there even with java 11

Errors occurred during the build.
    Errors running builder ‘Java Builder’ on project ‘app-monolith’.
    javax/annotation/processing/AbstractProcessor

It is possible that is not fix?
    The only solution is to switch to java 8

#612103 Reply

Brian Fernandes

1) I’m not sure if we tried this the last time, but can you go to Preferences > Maven and change the JDK specified there to Java 8, and restart – does this make a difference? The very first release of MyEclipse 2018 had a bug because of which this preference would not work, but it has been fixed for a couple of releases now.

2) Since the problem was originally reported, we have a better understanding of it – the issue is that classes that you would normally find in the JDK were removed, and this has continued to happen even in Java 10 and Java 11. It could be that the libraries you are working with need to be updated to more recent versions that are compatible with recent JDDs.

Coming to your specific problem, can you see if the solution discussed here helps? https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48238014/how-can-be-solved-java-lang-noclassdeffounderror-javax-annotation-generated

Best,
    Brian.

#612104 Reply

Brian Fernandes

3) It might also be worth confirming that the JDK attached to the project is Java 8, and that you have the Java 8 JDK configured (and perhaps set to default) at Preferences > Java > Installed JREs.

#612109 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

Yes i have java8 installed and configured. That project is the only one that cause errors. Most probably because is a multi maven project. All other projects gave me no errors at all.
    Even adding the maven dependency. Same error

#612111 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Here’s another post which talks about Eclipse settings that could be made to fix a similar problem, for projects using an older version of Lombok. If your project has a JAR which is similar, the steps might help.

If the steps don’t help, would it be possible for create a smaller test project which exhibits the problem and share that with us? We have been unable to reproduce this at our end.

#612134 Reply

afxgroup
    Participant

No way. I’ve added all those parameters to the prefs file plus the property in the project pom file but i have always the same error

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Errors running builder 'Java Builder'

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in