facebook

examples on Demand NPE

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

DIS

I used Pulse to install MyEclipse for Spring 9. Directly after I install and have pulse start eclipse I can select “Examples on Demand” and get presented the page of examples. I then close the ide. I reopen the ide either from pulse or from the menu and when I select “Examples on Demand” I get a NPE. Any ideas?

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.examples.browser.ExamplesBrowserEditor.createPartControl(ExamplesBrowserEditor.java:161)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:670)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:313)
    #318725 Reply

DIS

I’m running on linux

Linux i7 2.6.38-10-generic #46-Ubuntu SMP Tue Jun 28 15:07:17 UTC 2011 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Also, just wanted to let you know I can’t submit to the forum using firefox. I was presented the security code the first time and selected preview. After that the security code window is always empty.

#318825 Reply

support-joy

DIS ,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. I am afraid, I could not reproduce this issue at my end. Could you clarify below point –

I used Pulse to install MyEclipse for Spring 9. Directly after I install and have pulse start eclipse I can select “Examples on Demand” and get presented the page of examples. I then close the ide. I reopen the ide either from pulse or from the menu and when I select “Examples on Demand” I get a NPE.

You open MyEclipse for Spring 9 and have Examples of Demand browser open. Next you restart the IDE and it shows up NPE? Could you attach a screenshot to help me get a visual. Also clear your .log file located at [your workspace dir]/.metadata/.log, replicate the issue and attach the file.

I am afraid I cannot reproduce the issue you are facing about firefox either. I am able to post messages. Please see attached screenshot.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: examples on Demand NPE

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in