facebook

Exception when Creating Hello World Plug-in

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Russ

Hello all!

I am starting my learning and development of plug-ins for ME. I am hoping the error below is my silly mistake and not the application. All I am trying to accomplish is following the Cheatsheets within ME for creating a Hello World Example plug-in. When launching the Eclipse SDK, I get an exception.

Jun 28, 2009 8:13:26 AM com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.profile.PulseBlueprintInformation <init>
    SEVERE: Unable to find current instance client blueprint
    org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to determine the current blueprint; missing com.genuitec.pulse.client.blueprint.id
        at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.common.provisioning.ClientBlueprintServices.getThisBlueprint(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.profile.PulseBlueprintInformation.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.profile.internal.DefaultPulseBlueprintProfileInformation.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.PulseServices.getBlueprintInformation(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse2.client.services.update.PulseUpdateServices.getUpdateInformation(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.DashboardJob.runDashboard(DashboardJob.java:117)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.DashboardJob.run(DashboardJob.java:50)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

A little help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading my post!

Russ

#299919 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Russ,

This isn’t a problem in your plugin, but simply an issue caused because your dev instance is linked to a Pulse blueprint and your runtime workspace (which you launch from the dev instance) isn’t. I would not worry about it at all, it’s not a problem with your plugin and would not cause issues other than having no Pulse support in the runtime. I suggest you simply ignore it and move on. If you export your plugin and drop it into a connected configuration, you probably won’t see this. Alternatively, you could edit your launch configuration (see the Plugins page) and deselect the Pulse plugins for your launch.

I hope this helps, please let me know if we can help further.

#299942 Reply

Russ

Brain,

Thanks for your feedback…..

Russ

#300042 Reply

Loyal Water

Closing the post.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Exception when Creating Hello World Plug-in

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in