facebook

ExecutionException: No activeWorkbenchWindow found while exe

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

And another one:

org.eclipse.core.commands.ExecutionException: No activeWorkbenchWindow found while executing org.eclipse.ui.file.close
        at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.HandlerUtil.noVariableFound(HandlerUtil.java:38)
        at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.HandlerUtil.getVariableChecked(HandlerUtil.java:86)
        at org.eclipse.ui.handlers.HandlerUtil.getActiveWorkbenchWindowChecked(HandlerUtil.java:188)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.CloseEditorHandler.execute(CloseEditorHandler.java:45)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.handlers.HandlerProxy.execute(HandlerProxy.java:239)
        at org.eclipse.core.commands.Command.executeWithChecks(Command.java:475)
        at org.eclipse.core.commands.ParameterizedCommand.executeWithChecks(ParameterizedCommand.java:429)
        at com.genuitec.eclipse.webdesigner3.design.MozillaKeyListener$2.run(MozillaKeyListener.java:89)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:123)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:3659)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3296)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2389)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2353)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2219)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$4.run(Workbench.java:466)
        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:289)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:461)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:106)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:153)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:106)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:76)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:363)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:176)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:504)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:443)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1169)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1144)

I think this happens when you close a JSP with Ctrl-W and then switch to another application before the command is finished.

#273339 Reply

Forgot: I’m using Eclipse 3.3 and ME 6.0M1

#273349 Reply

Loyal Water

then switch to another application before the command is finished.

Im not sure what you mean by this. Do you want me to press alt + tab after ctrl + w ?

#273464 Reply

Yes but in the meantime, I’ve also seen this when switching editors in Eclipse.

I guess that you are accessing a variable in the MozillaKeyListener thread which can is set to null when the current editor is being closed but before the listener is unregistered. Or maybe the listener is still trying to do something while the editor is being closed in a second thread. When it happened, Eclipse often “hung” for a moment, maybe in the GC, so it’s probably a race condition.

#274228 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Aaron,
    I tried to reproduce this a few different ways:

1) Open JSP, XML, HTML, Java, then CTRL-W all of them closed really fast
    2) Open the same files, and after each CTRL-W, alt-tab to something else
    3) Open all the same files, go nuts switching and CTRL-W’ing them.

And none of this led to any exceptions or warnings written to the log file. I’m using 6.0 GA though, so either this was fixed or is a race condition that I’m not triggering.

#274266 Reply

Okay. Since 6.0ga will come out in a few days, I’ll let you know if I still experience the issues with the release version.

#274276 Reply

Riyad Kalla

It’s out. If you are using 6.0M1 you can do an upgrade using “Install New FeatureS” or the Quick Installer will notify you. If you are on 5.5, we encourage folks to use the All in One installer to create the new install to a new dir to keep it clean.

#274462 Reply

This seems to have been fixed in 6.0ga.

#274471 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Glad to hear it is fixed now.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: ExecutionException: No activeWorkbenchWindow found while exe

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in