facebook

exploded ear deployment problems

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I have an EAR application consisting of 1 EJB module and 1 WAR module. I deploy using an exploded form to jboss 3.0.8.

When I change deployment descriptors I try to redeploy the jboss application, in order to read the new deployment descriptors, by touching application.xml. (This works for jboss)

When i do it from inside myeclipse it tries to delete the whole exploded ear and deploy it again.

problem 1:
    This can’t be done because jboss is using some of the files and i end up with a partly erazed exploded ear.
    This doesn’t report an error to the user and it doesn’t write anything to the event log.
    I thing that you should try to undeploy the application first so there are no more used files or try not to eraze the deployed files.

Problem 2:
    When i try to deploy the exploded jar again using the Project Deployments dialog i choose ‘add’ i select ‘jboss’ and ‘exploded’ and myeclipse reports that the file exists. I choose ‘delete’ then a dialog with no message appears and the following error is written to the eclipse log file:

com.genuitec.eclipse.core.T: Unable to remove undeployed directory.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.resyncAll(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.EARDeployment.resyncAll(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.EARDeployment.deployAsExplodedArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.wizard.NewDeploymentWizard$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:101)
    Caused by: java.io.IOException: File
    C:\iPerform\jboss-3.0.8\server\default\deploy\OrgChart.ear\OrgChartWAR.war\WEB-INF\lib\struts.jar unable to be deleted.
    at org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.forceDelete(FileUtils.java:1001)
    … many more

I suggest that you should at least display an error message

Problem 3:
    In the deployment manager now the project appears as deployed and with an explanation mark.
    After this you can’t do anything even with jboss stopped. Remove, Redeploy doesn’t work. (no errors reported)
    Restarting eclipse dosn’t solve the problem either.
    The only way i found to bypass the problem is to erase .metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core\pref_store.ini

#197355 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Thanks for supplying this case. Your analysis is spot on. Our QA recently identified similar issues. I credit this to an over zealous Deployment Service and a need for improved exception and recovery feedback and handling. I have entered these issues into our PR system. We have been discussing some significant improvements for the deployment and server UIs. Your feedback here will definitely be useful in these plans.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: exploded ear deployment problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in