facebook

Exploded EJB Projects sharing util project [Enhancement]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rgavlin

I’m running WebLogic 6.1 SP2. I have two EJB Module projects that share a common util project.. The EJB Module projects are configured to use an exploded deployment. The META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file in each EJB project has a Class-path: util.jar entry to use the shared util project. Ideally, when I make a change to a source file in the util project, each of its dependent EJB Modules would be redeployed. Is there a way to configure the “sync-on-demand” to support this capability? How would the util project need to be configured? What about the EJB Module projects?

#197535 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Deployment of dependent utility projects is under development now and will be released as part of an upcoming maintenance release.

I don’t believe WLS will support loading of an exploded util.jar. I spent time this past weekend researching short term workarounds and one such approach was to setup a utility project as an EJB project with no EJBs (i.e., delete ejb-jar.xml). While this worked great under JBoss, I was unsuccessful in getting WLS to load the exploded jar project using the Manifest Class-path mechanism. Therefore a short term solution is to export the util project as a jar directly into a top-level src folder of the EJB projects. This will cause the util.jar to be deployed along with the EJB contents.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Exploded EJB Projects sharing util project [Enhancement]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in