facebook

Exporting XML Catalog generates empty file

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I would like to be able to export my User Specified Entries from the XML Catalog (Preferences -> MyEclipse -> Editors -> XML -> XML Catalog) in order to share the entries with other developers. When I select “Advanced…” -> “Export…” and specify a file name, the following file gets generated:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
    <XMLCatalogSettings>
      <UserEntries>
      </UserEntries>
    </XMLCatalogSettings>

I have three entries defined in the preferences, but there are none in the catalog file. As a workaround until this is fixed, what is the format of this file so I can create it manually?

Thanks,
    Eric

#222361 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Eric,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve filed a PR to get this fixed in a subsequent release. It appears the format for a user entry is:

<UserEntry ID= "key" URI="..." TYPE="SYSTEM|PUBLIC" WEB_URL="..." />

#222367 Reply

Appreciate the quick reply. Now that I’m able to use these files, it seems that Import doesn’t work as well. After I import, I have no User Entries at all (even the ones that were there are gone).

As an aside, from what I’ve seen, you guys have one of the best support organizations of any commercial product I’ve worked with – friendly, responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. Keep up the good work!

#222395 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Appreciate the quick reply. Now that I’m able to use these files, it seems that Import doesn’t work as well.

I was afraid of that. We annotated the bug report to fix export and *then* fix import. 🙂

As an aside, from what I’ve seen, you guys have one of the best support organizations of any commercial product I’ve worked with – friendly, responsive, knowledgeable and helpful. Keep up the good work!

*blush* Well, we try. Now I just need to forward this thread to our boss. 😉

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Exporting XML Catalog generates empty file

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in