facebook

Facelets support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 163 total)
  • Author

jklcom99

That’s great DaveO. Can’t wait.

#262975 Reply

+1 for Facelets

#262983 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

@jklcom99 wrote:

That’s great DaveO. Can’t wait.

I’m still working on it… I’m organizing screen captures, etc… Sorry for the delay.. it’s taking a suprisingly long amount of time to get this blog entry together given that it’s for a pretty quick topic… :-/

#262984 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Tutorials are a lot harder than you think on the outset… I know I always underestimate the time they will take.

#263011 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

I think I finally have this done…

http://codethought.com/blog/?p=65

#264192 Reply

Marcus Beyer

+1 for Facelets

#264202 Reply

Riyad Kalla

For all the facelets folks, did Dave’s tutorial help get you up and running with your Facelets app?

#264633 Reply

+7 for my firm. And no, that tutorial didn’t address the main issue everyone’s requesting, which is to make the visual editor in the MyEclipse, aware of the fact that xhtml files might be associated with facelets and to offer code completion suggestions for things that look like el expressions. And parse tags to be shown visually too.

At least, can’t you guys just make the visual editor parse and display xhtml the same as plain html? Then at least those who are using facelets as a generic html templating technology, i.e., not using custom jsp-looking tags but rather, standard html tags dressed with facelets attributes instead, would still display nicely. That CAN’T be that hard to do can it?

#265033 Reply

leaked

+4 on my end!

Our entire department is considering switching to Exadel for this very reason… We need auto-complete for Facelets.

#265038 Reply

Seldon Systems
    Participant

@leaked wrote:

+4 on my end!

Our entire department is considering switching to Exadel for this very reason… We need auto-complete for Facelets.

This tutorial shows how to get auto-completion for Facelets by fooling WTP to think of them as JSPs:
    http://www.thearcmind.com/confluence/display/SHJFT/Getting+started+with+JSF%2C+Facelets%2C+Eclipse+WTP+and+Tomcat

Karsten

#265041 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Karsten and others,
    Rick did a great job on that tutorial. For anyone wanting to get started with MyEclipse and Facelets (before it’s officially in) I put together a started project you can grab Here (1.6MB) that includes all the steps and latest stable releases outlined in Rick’s tutorial with full credits in the README. Autocomplete works fine in the source editor, the designer doesn’t work at the moment and there are warnings that I believe are invalid, but I need to look into them.

Hope that helps.

#265370 Reply

+1 for facelets

#265374 Reply

+3 for facelets. I’m happy with myeclipse 5.5 M1 but no facelets support yet! 🙁

#265392 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Has anyone tried out Dave’s tutorial or the example project I posted? Any comments? Suggestions? Complaints? It seemed to work decently for me.

#265465 Reply

David Orriss Jr
    Participant

Riyad,

Will Facelets make it into 5.5, or are you feature freeze at this point?

Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 163 total)
Reply To: Facelets support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in