May 25, 2010 at 12:06 pm #308628
Since upgrading to 8.5 (and several variations thereof) when my team tries to create a Maven project using a custom archtype, the rults are:
1st screen: leave defaults
2nd screen: select one of three custom archtypes that used to work fine
3rd screen: add an ArtifactId and select Finish
Failed to create project.
Anyone know what changed?
tried it with Version: 8.5
Build id: 8.5-20100319
!ENTRY org.maven.ide.eclipse 4 0 2010-05-25 12:55:03.471 !MESSAGE Failed to create project. !STACK 0 java.lang.NullPointerException at org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.DefaultArtifactRepositoryFactory.createArtifactRepository(DefaultArtifactRepositoryFactory.java:90) at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.resolveArchetype(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:540) at org.maven.ide.eclipse.internal.project.ProjectConfigurationManager.createArchetypeProject(ProjectConfigurationManager.java:463) at org.maven.ide.eclipse.wizards.MavenProjectWizard$5.runInWorkspace(MavenProjectWizard.java:279) at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.InternalWorkspaceJob.run(InternalWorkspaceJob.java:38) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)May 26, 2010 at 2:12 am #308640
Hi Edward Thompson,
I could not able to replicate the issue.
1) I tried creating Java Maven Project using default values when Project name is given.
2) Tried creating project with a different Artifact Id other than project name.
Can you send a screen shot of the when you are getting the error. Also, can you try the below steps:
3) Are the check boxes in Maven preference page checked adjacent to “Download Repository index updates on startup”, “Download Artifacts Sources” and “Download Artifact Javadoc”. Maven preference page is available at “Windows–>Preference–>MyEclipse–>Maven4MyEclipse–>Maven” and select Maven. If not, can you check them and try creating a web project with Maven support? This may take few minutes to download Maven repository which depends on the Internet band width.
Chakri Vedula.May 26, 2010 at 7:29 am #308646
I can’t see how to attach a file to the post.
For #3, the first as already checked. I checked the other two, restarted MyEclipse, and tried again, same problem
As a side note, running mvn archetype:generate from the commandline generates no errors, so its something the plugin doesn’t like…May 27, 2010 at 3:12 am #308671
Hi Edward Thompson,
Sorry for the inconvenience. I have escalated this to our Dev team member, they will get back to you on this.
Chakri Vedula.June 6, 2010 at 11:13 pm #308870
FWIW, I am experiencing the same exact problem when trying to create a maven project with a custom archetype. Is there any update for this issue?June 22, 2010 at 7:12 am #309277
1) How are you specifying the custom archetype, I suppose you have added it using the “Add Archetype” dialog on page 2?
2) Are you using an existing workspace which you used with a prior version of MyEclipse? If so – just to test, can you try this in a brand new workspace?
3) Can you create a normal web project (and enable maven support on page 1 of the wizard) – Does project creation complete successfully? do you see any errors in the project?August 16, 2011 at 8:35 am #318958
I am running:
Version: 8.6.1 Blue
Build id: 8.6.1-Blue-20101117
and I get the same error message. Has this been fixed, or at least been confirmed as a bug? is there a workaround or is my custom archetype flawed? Though, it works when use the command line: mvn archetype:generate -D…August 17, 2011 at 2:39 am #318986
FYI, I upgraded to
MyEclipse Blue Edition
Version: 9.1 Blue
Build id: 9.1-Blue-20110701
and still get the same error.August 17, 2011 at 4:15 am #318990
triple post… yeah/sorry
scroll down to “Failed to create project”. Seems to be a bug with m2eclipse plugin 0.10.0 but has been fixed in 0.10.2. any chance maven4myeclipse is based on m2eclipse 0.10.0?August 17, 2011 at 5:28 am #318991
Sorry that you are seeing this issue.
1) Are you adding the custom archetype using the ‘Add Archetype’ in dialog 2 ?
2) Can you please let us know if you have checked on the suggestions by Support-Brain?
I have also escalated this to a dev team member to investigate further. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.August 17, 2011 at 5:37 am #318992
thx for your help
1) no, I am using a remote catalog. We use Archiva Maven Repository in our company whic also hosts the archetype catalog.
2) yesAugust 17, 2011 at 5:52 am #318993
Thank you for the details.I could replicate the issue at my end. I will file a PR for the dev team to look into it.August 17, 2011 at 5:59 am #318994
great news, thank you! how can I be informed when a fix is available? do you sue JIRA or similar?