facebook

Failed install

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Installed Eclipse 2.1 & myEclipse this morning, everything went well. Later I upgraded Eclipse to 2.1.1. I read the forums and found out this is a no no. I uninstalled myeclipse via the provided uninstaller. I deleted eclipse. I then purchased the year subscription. Re downloaded myeclipse installer and tried various installs (unpacking eclipse & then running myeclipse) in different directories, etc. The problem is the direcories look OK, the link file looks OK, but when i go to the customize perspective (Java perspective), Other : the four check boxes are not there. I need some help. The hardware is a intel 2.0 gig hz, 1 gig memory, Windows 2000 sp3.

Thanks in advance,

Chuck Galon
    <contact information removed to prevent misuse — Scott/>

#196791 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Chuck,

Sorry to hear about the problem you’re experiencing. If you could answer a few questions I think we can get to the bottom of it.

When you start Eclipse and navigate to Help->About Eclipse Platform->Feature Details… what MyEclipse features show up?

After you installed MyEclipse and then started Eclipse, did you see a dialog to ask you if the features should be installed and tell you that Eclipse will need to restart?

When you open the Install/Update perspective and expand the tree under current configuration, what do you see?

The answers to these questions should help me to pinpoint the problem.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196794 Reply

Scott,

Good news, in the interium I have it working. The steps were:
    1. uninstalled myEclipse.
    2. deleted eclipse.
    3. deleted the install executable & eclipse zip file.
    4. Rebooted the machine
    5. Downloaded fresh copies of both files
    6. unziped Eclipse
    ** I did not bring it up this time (which finishes the install) **
    7. Ran myEclipse installer
    ** both directories hung right off of the c drive (eclipse, myeclipse)
    8. Brought the system up (it finished the install)
    9. The goodies were there

Thanks in getting back to me in a timely manner

Chuck Galon

#196796 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Chuck,

It’s great to hear that you’re up and running now. Sorry it wasn’t as simple as the first installation; I really don’t know why.

Thanks in getting back to me in a timely manner

We do our best to monitor the forums and help everyone in a timely manner. That’s part of what separates MyEclipse from any other product, either open source or commercial.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Failed install

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in