facebook

file encoding is not honored by MyEclipse Properties Editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Robert Varga
    Participant

Hi,

I am working on a project in which I also have to edit property files which are in UTF-8 encoding and use Korean characters.

It seems that it does not honor the file encoding specified for the file among the file properties for the file (which the built-in properties file editor does honor).

Reproduce:

0. I have the properties file default encoding set to UTF-8.
    1. Create a new property file with new file, paste the following content to it, and save it.
    2. Verify in the file properties panel that the encoding is set to (and recognized as) UTF-8.
    3. Open it with the built-in Properties file editor, you will see the pasted text correctly.
    4. Now open it with MyEclipse Properties editor. It reads the file content most probably with ISO8859-1 encoding, and converts all non-7bit characters to unicode literals. This clearly shows that the UTF-8 form of the É character is not recognized as is, instead its treated as two non-7bit characters. This automatic conversion also replaces the content of the other open editor.

Test content:

valami=É asda adasd

I am also not sure if the font setting of the built-in Properties file editor is honoured or not by the MyEclipse Properties editor.

Best regards,

Robert

#285219 Reply

Loyal Water

This message has not been recovered.

#286854 Reply

phamti

Hi,

I have the same problem creating a regular html page.

Does MyEclipse officially support utf-8?

#296792 Reply

Carsick

As far as I can tell, I can persuade everything else to create new files as UTF-8, except for properties files.
    Including all the standard settings, I’ve also set -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 in the myeclipse.ini file.

Is there any news on the original problem?

#296820 Reply

Loyal Water

Is there any news on the original problem?

This issue will be addressed in the 7.5 release.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: file encoding is not honored by MyEclipse Properties Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in