facebook

Files are in read only and terminal is blocked

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

alabidy
    Participant

Hi,

I renewed the license since 12 nov. 2018, but since this morning I have a problem blocking, I can not work, I can not modify the files, the terminal is blocked, and my editor Angular IDE is crashing
    Any help please!

BR,
    Aymen ABIDI

#602801 Reply

Hello,

I’m sorry you are running into this issue. Can you provide us some more details by doing the following?

1. Turn on advanced logging for us by editing your eclipse.ini and adding this line after
    -vmargs:
    -Dcom.genuitec.eclipse.engine.log=true A log file will be generated at your <user home>/.codemix/codemix-<date>. Can you share to us that file?
    2. Check if the CodeMix engine is connected (you can see what is a status of it in a bottom left corner of your IDE workbench window).

With best regards,
    Bartek

#602802 Reply

Can you also send us your regular .log file that you can find in your <workspace-dir>/.metadata directory?

With best regards,
    Bartek

#602807 Reply

alabidy
    Participant

Hi,
    Thank you for answer, Please find the .log file as an attachment

Best Regards,
    Aymen ABIDI

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #602811 Reply

alabidy
    Participant

Hi,
    Please find the <user home>/.codemix/codemix-<date> file as an attachment

Best Regards,
    Aymen ABIDI

Attachments:
    #602813 Reply

Hello Aymen,

Thank you for the log files! We will analyze it and get back to you as soon as possible.

With best regards,
    Bartek

#602845 Reply

Hello Aymen,

From the communication log that you sent to us, it can be noticed that you were editing a file in CodeMix editor, didn’t save the changes and in the meantime the same file contents were changed and saved in another non-CodeMix editor (Eclipse or external one). You probably saw a message like the one in the screenshot attached to this response after trying to save the changes in CodeMix editor. We noticed that such kind of situation can lead to unresponsive state of CodeMix editor. At the moment a workaround for this problem is to close the file in CodeMix editor (choose to save the changes in “Save Resource” dialog) and open it again. I have filed a report for the dev team to look into this problem. We will keep you posted about our findings soon.

You also mentioned that your terminal was blocked but we couldn’t find any information in the communication log about it (to be more precise it looks like you didn’t open any terminal while collecting info for the communication log). Could you possibly share some more details about the problem with terminal? Running CodeMix with communication logging while opening the terminal and some screenshots would be appreciated.

With best regards,
    Bartek

Attachments:
    #602877 Reply

alabidy
    Participant

Hi,
    I closed some project, but i have always the same problem, all is blocked! I can not edit files, terminal is blocked!
    yesterday afternoon without touching anything, everything is fine, but this morning the problem is back again

Please find the screenshot of IDE as an attachment.

Best Regards,
    Aymen ABIDI

Attachments:
    #602879 Reply

Hello Aymen,

I’m really sorry that you are still facing this problem, we will try to help you as soon as possible. Please enable your communication logging as described in previous reply, send to us generated log from <user home>/.codemix/codemix-<date> and your regular .log file from your <workspace-dir>/.metadata again.

With best regards,
    Bartek

#603035 Reply

alabidy
    Participant

Hi,
    Please fin the files (<user home>/.codemix/codemix-2018-11-19-10-31-27) and .log in .metadata

BR,
    Aymen ABIDI

Attachments:
    #603082 Reply

Hi Aymen,

Thank you for the log files! We will analyze them thoroughly and get back to you as soon as possible. Before doing that I would like to ask you some additional questions:

1. At first glance it looks like you were able to use CodeMix for a longer period of time without any problems, is that correct?
    2. How often do you face problems with editor or terminal during your regular work? Is it occasionally or rather very frequent?

With best regards,
    Bartek

#603205 Reply

alabidy
    Participant

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
    1. Exactly, it worked without any problem for a long time, until the renew of licence on 12 Novembre 2018.
    2. I encounter this problem almost every day! especially when I restart my computer

Best Regards,
    Aymen ABIDI

#603390 Reply

Hi Aymen,

We were able to track down the root cause of your problems with editor and terminal. Fix for those issues will be provided in the next release of CodeMix that we plan to ship at the beginning of the next week. I will update you here immediately right after a new CodeMix release is available to download/update.

Thank you very much for providing all of the requested information that helped us to fix it!

With best regards,
    Bartek

#603757 Reply

Hi Aymen,

New release of CodeMix with the fix is out, you can update your Angular IDE by using Help -> Check For Updates… command. Please let us know if you still experience any problems with editor and terminal after updating your installation.

With best regards,
    Bartek

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: Files are in read only and terminal is blocked

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in