facebook

Flex 3 and Myeclipse

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

geek.shrek

Hi,

I downloaded Flex3 SDK and I would like to get started to try on Flex3.

Can anyone point me to tutorial for Flex3 and MyEclipse?

Also, how can I plug the Flex 3 into MyEclipse?
    I have tried this address http://www.iterationtwo.com/fdsplugin/
    but I have this error

Network connection problems encountered during search.
    Unable to access “http://www.iterationtwo.com/fdsplugin/”.
    Error parsing site stream. [The XML stream is not a valid default “site.xml” file. The root tag is not site.]
    The XML stream is not a valid default “site.xml” file. The root tag is not site.
    Error parsing site stream. [The XML stream is not a valid default “site.xml” file. The root tag is not site.]
    The XML stream is not a valid default “site.xml” file. The root tag is not site.

Thanks,

#288008 Reply

Loyal Water

Can anyone point me to tutorial for Flex3 and MyEclipse?

We don’t have a tutorial for working with Flex3 and MyEclipse together.

Also, Flex builder is not certified to run with MyEclipse though some user have been able to successfully run these two together in the past.

#292145 Reply

You have to download and install Flex 3 in your local machine. If you have opted for the default path then it Flex 3 would be at the C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3 Plug-in location.

Now from your MyEclipse Top Menu, Select Help->Software Updated->Add Remove Software.

Click on the button Add Software
    Click Manage Sites
    Click Add
    Select Local and Browse to your Flex Installation Folder. Then select the Flex Update site. For example for me it was “C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flex Builder 3 Plug-in\com.adobe.flexbuilder.update.site”
    Once selected then hit OK button and then follow the on screen instruction and Flex 3 options would show once you restart the MyEclipse.

I hope it will be helpful.

#292225 Reply

Loyal Water

Thank you for posting this information. I’m sure this would be very helpful to the users in the forums.

#296260 Reply

I’m having problems with updating when I install the Flex Builder 3 plugin in my MyEclipse v.7…
    anybody can confirm that he’s using the two (fb 3 plugin + MyEclipse 7) together without any issues perhaps?

If I deinstall FB3, I can do the upgrades again and reinstall FB3 plugin though.

Thanks!

#296300 Reply

Loyal Water

JochenAtTradelec,
    I haven’t come across other users reporting this issue but if you could uninstall FB3 and then upgrade and reinstall FB3, I guess your good to go again.

#296433 Reply

Mork
    Participant

The above method does not successfully install Flex 3 under 7.1 for me on th Mac!

#297096 Reply

psgman113

anybody succeed??

#297098 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Hi,

I posted a response to this in another thread, but basically, I had to install the Flex plug-in to a “temp” directory on the Mac, then go into MyEclipse and add a local site.

From there, I drilled down (in the local site) until I saw the Flex 3 plugin. Then, install the plug-in into (My)Eclipse like any other.

Once I installed it, I deleted the temp directory (which didn’t cause any problems for me).

The real problem I had was that, on the Mac, there doesn’t seem to be an “Eclipse” folder with a “configuration” folder beneath it, so the Flex installer coughs up a hairball right away.

Navigating to one of the MyEclipse folders with a “configuration” folder beneath it didn’t work (Flex installer warned me that I hadn’t selected the right directory), hence the manual steps I did above.

(I tried installing the Flex 3 plug-in using the MyEclipse configuration directories anway, despite the Flex 3 installer warnings, but those installs failed.)

However, once installed, the plug-in seems to work fine….though I haven’t checked to see if my MyEcilpse perspectives still work… 🙁

HTH.

— M

#297140 Reply

psgman113

can you check, It could be helpful for us ?
    Thank you.

#297145 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Ahhh….check what?

— M

#297156 Reply

psgman113

Check if the myeclipse perspectives still work?
    Did you use flex in your myeclipse??
    Doed Someone use flex in Vista with myeclipse?

#297160 Reply

Mork
    Participant

Yes, once installed the Flex and the Flex perspectives work fine. I can create a project, add code, use the design view…create a SWF file…the works.

— M

#303502 Reply

Aaron Bailey

This message has not been recovered.

#303608 Reply

Loyal Water

This message has not been recovered.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
Reply To: Flex 3 and Myeclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in