facebook

Gap Debug 2.0 Android 5.0.2 app quit launching installed GD v2.1 still no launch

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

bmwertman
    Participant

edited by support team – We are investigating a newly emerging issue debugging android apps (apk) in GapDebug 2.x. Will update as soon as we know more.

I had been able to have my app automatically launch with no issues up until this morning. I tried to restart my device, a OnePlus One running Android 5.0.2. The issue has persisted.

The device shows up in the Gap Debug panel. The app launches on my device but it never shows up in the Gap Debug Panel.

I am able to run debugger; and have the app paused in Chrome device inspector. Here is a Gist
    syslog Gist

• This topic was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by wayne.
    #397836 Reply

wayne

Thx for the info.

1) did the app stop appearing in the device panel after an update, e.g., app rebuilt and install?
    Typically a running app that does not appear in the device panel is due to the app not being built with debugging enabled. Want to rule this out before diving into deeper complex thoughts?

see section 3.2 for some details https://www.genuitec.com/products/gapdebug/learning-center/configuration/

2) is the app built with cordova sdk w/ webview or is other such as crosswalk webview or react native/nativescript?

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by wayne.
    #397841 Reply

bmwertman
    Participant

1) The app didn’t install following the first install this morning. I hadn’t made any updates to the code since my last install yesterday. I had installed and had the appear appear in the device panel all day yesterday.

2) I’ve been using the Ionic command line tool to build and install(Ionic is built on the Cordova SDK)

#397850 Reply

dueguard
    Participant

I am having the same issue.

#397855 Reply

dueguard
    Participant

GapDebug is an awesome tool. However I have to uninstall it and use something else because of this issue. I was debugging just fine when out of no where my app stop showing up in the panel. No matter what I did it would not work. I uninstalled and reinstalled just about everything I could think of. I checked if debugging was enabled in the config and manifest as suggested but no matter what my app would not show up. Oddly enough if I ran Chrome on my device it would show up but not my app for some reason.

Also, there is an issue where it constantly attempts to reload the ADB service over and over again. I was able to work around that by constantly switching USB ports but it was somewhat painful.

#397859 Reply

dueguard
    Participant

One more thing I will add. Out of the blue that app would automatically open when I installed it from Gap Debug. This just <started when all of the problems began. Before that I would have to find the icon on my device and manually launch it.

I also installed v2.1 for giggles but no luck.

#397889 Reply

wayne

@bmwertman @dueguard
    I’m working to replicate this odd behavior.
    Would you mind sharing the following info with us to dig in deeper:
    1) syslog
    2) .apk file
    3) gapdebug log found at ~/.gapdebug/runtime/metadata/.log

Lastly from a cmd shell would you check and provide the adb version running on your system?
    > abd version

If yes, send to wayne at genuitec dot com. We keep the data private and delete as soon as we complete an investigation.

#397891 Reply

bmwertman
    Participant

@wayne I think you have my syslog from yesterday
    my adb version is 1.0.32
    my ~/.gapdebug/runtime/metadata/.log comes back blank
    I have two apk files. One named CordovaApp-debug-unaligned.apk, the other named CordovaApp-debug.apk. Both exceed the maximum file size allowed for upload here. Chrome becomes unresponsive if I try to upload them to a Gist. Not sure how you want me to get them to you. They’re each 6.8MB.

#397892 Reply

bmwertman
    Participant

@wayne the server blocked me from emailing my apk files. It said “This message was blocked because its content presents a potentialsecurity issue”.

#397893 Reply

wayne

bummer stupid max file size. Will see about getting that increased asap.
    I have used https://www.wetransfer.com/ or google docs (e.g., upload to google docs and share URL) many times in the past to share bigger files with friends and customers.

#397894 Reply

bmwertman
    Participant

@wayne good call. I should have thought of Google Docs. Sent.

#397898 Reply

wayne

@bmwertman @dueguard
    I am able to replicate this issue. Not sure of the exact cause yet. Still debugging the debugger. Will update when I know more.

#448001 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We just posted a beta-2 that includes a fix for the Android debugging issue. Please give it a try and let us know how it works for you.
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/gapdebug-2015-update-5-2-1-0-beta-2-available/

We are shooting to have a production update ready by end of week if all goes well.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: Gap Debug 2.0 Android 5.0.2 app quit launching installed GD v2.1 still no launch

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in