facebook

GapDebug not detecting my device

1. GapDebug
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – GapDebug
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

patxiworks

Hi,

I installed GapDebug without problems but when I connect my device, nothing happens. In other words, it’s not detecting my device. It’s also not working with my pre-installed GenyMotion emulator.

I’m using Nexus 7 (with Android 5.02), Mac 10.6.8 and the latest version of GapDebug available.

Could someone kindly suggest what I’m doing wrong or haven’t done?

Thanks.

#353404 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

If GapDebug is unable to detect your device that is connected via usb cable try the following:

Review the setup steps outline in Section 3 https://www.genuitec.com/products/gapdebug/learning-center/configuration/

– make sure you enable USB Debugging option on the android device

– if you previously enabled USB Debugging then use “Revoking USB debugging authorizations” found in the Settings>Developer options. Then reenable USB Debugging. On the device or emulator (which ever you are using), immediately look for a dialog to approve the USB connection. If you wait too long the dialog with timeout and disappear.

– check for an adb.exe process. Kill if it is running. I don’t know that this could be an issue but removing the process takes out one possible issue. When gapdebug launches it will start adb.exe.

After doing this restart GapDebug and connect your running device if not already connected.

Let us know how this turns out.

#353414 Reply

patxiworks

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve performed all the steps you suggested (several times) but nothing worked. I also disabled “Android File Transfer”, an application which triggered on whenever I connected to USB. But it made no difference. The debugger did not detect my Nexus device or the Genymotion emulator (which, by the way, was running Android 4.1.1). I also restarted the machine before doing everything all over again. Nothing.

Do you have any more suggestions please?

Thanks.

#452217 Reply

philipjmurphy
    Participant

I had a problem with the latest build (GapDebug-2015-update-2.0-offline-installer-window.exe) on Windows 10, where it would not detect my running app. I noticed that if I switched off my phone that suddenly my app would appear for a second in GapDebug. That got me thinking that maybe some other process is affecting GapDebug’s ability to detect the app. So, I restarted the phone and the next time that it occurred, I started going through each running process on the phone and killed them in turn. When I got to killing ‘Microsoft Note’, lo and behold my app appeared back in GabDebug.

I’ve only tested this theory once – will respond if I can reproduce behaviour consistently.

#452220 Reply

philipjmurphy
    Participant

BTW – that’s Microsoft OneNote (background process) running on a Nexus 5. Desktop is Windows 10 64-bit.

#452223 Reply

support-vadim
    Participant

Hi philipjmurphy,

I’ve installed MS OneNote app on my Nexus 7, but still can’t reproduce the problem.
    Couple of questions:

1. Have you tried to install GapDebug 2015 update 5 (2.1.0) beta-3? It fixes a very similar problem. There is a forum post for that:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/gapdebug-2015-update-5-2-1-0-beta-3-available/

2. Is it possible to get your app to experiment on our side? We will keep it private.

Regards,
    Vadim Ridosh

#452240 Reply

philipjmurphy
    Participant

Hi,

Yes, I installed that one. I’m not sure about what app is causing the issue now. It just occurred again, however, when I shut down OneNote it didn’t resolve the issue. When I shutdown the TuneIn radio app (background process), my app reappeared in GapDebug. It is like the shutting down of a background process is waking up (or broadcasting a message) that it kicked GapDebug back into life.

I’ll direct message you with the APK.

Regards,

Philip

#452241 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@philipjmurphy
    thx for the additional details (every bit helps). Vadim and I are discussing.
    If you have any issue uploading apk via forum sys, please email to wayne at genuitec dot com as alt method.

#452291 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@philipjmurphy
    Would you please try the beta-4 build we just created that Vadim and I believe will address the issue you shared. Here are the details.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: GapDebug not detecting my device

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in