facebook

Get NullPointerException when trying to install JPA 2.1 Facet

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Bart Conrath
    Participant

I’m running the latest version of MyEclipse on Windows 10.
    I have several Maven projects with Spring Boot and I’m trying to install the JPA facet so I can reverse engineer entities from a database with hundreds of tables instead of spending a year creating the tables manually.

Whenever I try to add the JPA Facet I get the “Failed while installing JPA 2.1 message with a NullPointerException. I’ve tried uninstallng and clean installing MyEclipse. I’ve tried creating new empty projects and no matter what I do I get this error.

#616724 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bart,

Before we dive deeper, can you send us your error log please? You can find it at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log. that should tell us more about what’s going wrong with the facet addition.

#616787 Reply

Bart Conrath
    Participant

I gave up, removed my workspace and reinstalled MyEclipse and it is working properly now.

#616900 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bart,

Without seeing the log, can’t say what caused the problem, but given that re-installation fixed it, it could have been some missing modules, or a corruption of the installation.

Glad you have it up and going – please let us know if you need further assistance.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Get NullPointerException when trying to install JPA 2.1 Facet

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in