facebook

Getting good old Webclipse ES5 js outlines with codemix

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Frank Derville
    Participant

Hello,

I was using webclipse so far to get a good ES5 outline.
    After desinstalling webclipse and installing CodeMix (personnal license) I have lost this outlook. The outlook seems the same than standard JSDT (not understanding the prototype changes).
    How can I get back a webclipse like outlook?

#602629 Reply

support-swapna

Frank,

Thank you for trying CodeMix. Sorry that you are seeing problems with the Outline view.
    The new Outline view should be more detailed and better than the old one.
    Can you please share with us example code to help us replicate the problem at our end? Also share with us a screenshot of the Outline view to help us get a visual.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#602772 Reply

Frank Derville
    Participant

Hello,
    good to know that CodeMix Outlook panel should be better than webclipse ;-).
    class members are not displayed in the Outlook panel for the below ES5 code style. It was with Webeclipse.
    My outlook panel displays only functions + function variables. It deals with ES5 classes as functions.

function Mission(){
    ‘use strict’;
    if (Mission.initialized === undefined) {

Mission.prototype.get_json=function(language){
    blah blah
    };

Mission.initialized=true;
    }
    }

#602814 Reply

support-swapna

Frank,

Thank you for sharing the example code. The CodeMix’s Outline view is based on VSCode’s Outline view and I see the problem with missing class members for ES5 classes in VSCode as well. I have filed a report for the dev team to look into this problem. We will keep you posted about our findings soon.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#602968 Reply

Frank Derville
    Participant

How can I get back to webclipse if codeMix cannot bring this feature mandatory for me?

#602972 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello Frank,

You can downgrade back to webclipse by following this instructions:
    1. Uninstall CodeMix
    – Help > About > Installation Details
    – Select CodeMix and Click Uninstall...
    – Restart.

2. Install Webclipse
    – Help > Install New Sofware
    – Use https://www.genuitec.com/updates/webclipse/ci/ to install
    – Restart.

We are indeed working on a solution for this issue in CodeMix and it will be available in one of our upcoming releases, we will let you know once it’s available.

Thanks!
    Aaron Lara

#603008 Reply

Frank Derville
    Participant

Hello,
    Unfortunatelly, this solution does not work because once Webclipse is installed the migration to codemix pop up is displayed and …
    1) the keep & purchase webclipse link lands on a page where there is no option to buy webclipse
    2) I have bought codemix. Would be cool to have webclipse for free while the problem is fixed 🙂

Frank

#603039 Reply

support-swapna

Frank,

Thank you for pointing to the issue with the purchase link for Webclipse. We will work on it.
    I have asked the Sales team to look into providing you access to Webclipse features. They will get back to you soon with the details.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#603944 Reply

Aaron Lara

Hello Frank,

Just checking in, our Sales team sent you an email with a license key you can use in Webclipse. Where you able to use it?

Cheers!
    Aaron Lara

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Getting good old Webclipse ES5 js outlines with codemix

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in