facebook

Git Console showing fatal errors and not using Git

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

eric.r.glass
    Participant

After installing CodeMix, when we open a Workspace a Git Console is displayed automatically displaying messages over and over again. We do not use Git, but still use CVS as a source repository. We can not figure out how to turn this feature off in CodeMix or its extension. It does cause the Workspace to be non-responsive for a while. The messages are like the following:

fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git

git rev-parse –show-toplevel

Any help in turning this off would be appreciated.

#586067 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Eric,

1) Mind sharing a quick screenshot of the messages? Will help answer a number of questions I have.
    2) Can you share your error log? It’s at [workspace_location]/.metadata/.log

Thanks!

#586075 Reply

eric.r.glass
    Participant

Attached is a screen shot and the .log file. Maybe it is not CodeMix or any of its extensions, but it seams like it started happen after installing CodeMix.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #586085 Reply

eric.r.glass
    Participant

Just to let you know, We temporarily disabled the CodeMix functionality and now we do not get the Git Console messages.

#586349 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Eric,

Yes, that does look like it’s coming from some of the Git functionality in CodeMix. I do get those messages logged to the Git console as well – just the ones that are looking for Git though, not the others. More importantly, the Console is not automatically activated, not sure why that is happening for you.

Since you aren’t interested in the Git functionality, you can simply turn it off by going to Window > Preferences > CodeMix > User Settings and changing the git.enabled setting to false. This stopped the messages for me.

Do let us know if that doesn’t work.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Git Console showing fatal errors and not using Git

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in