facebook

Go editor issues

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help

Tagged: 

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

manumura
    Participant

Dear Codemix team,

I am having some issues with Codemix Go editor :

1) The autocompletion doesnt seem to work.
    For example, the “net/http” package gives me result like “Atoi, Fataln”

2) When I try to open a .go file, the file is opened twice in 2 separate files.
    The first has the Codemix icon, the second has the default eclipse editor icon.
    I can modify only 1 file, the second seems to be like “locked”.

I attached some screenshots of these issues.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #582479 Reply

support-swapna

manumura,

Thank you for working with CodeMix.

Sorry that you are seeing problems with CodeMix Go editor. Thank you for the details and the screenshots.

Can you please clarify if you have installed any extension for Go to CodeMix?
    The Go extension should be installed to CodeMix for the content assist and other Go language related features to work seamlessly with CodeMix Go editor.

Please follow the below steps to install the Go extension to CodeMix :

1) Download the VSIX file for the Go extension from here this page: https://github.com/Microsoft/vscode-go/releases
    2. Open the Extension Manager from Help > CodeMix Extensions, click on the ‘Install from VSIX file’ and browse to the Go-0.6.78.vsix file. Proceed with the steps.
    3. Once installed open the .go file in the editor and check the content assist.
    4. If you see any errors like cannot find “go” library, then please go to Window > Preferences > CodeMix > User Settings and set the go.gopath and go.goroot accordingly and check.
    5. If you see the error: gocode command not available, then rename your current gocode.exe file and CodeMix will prompt you to install it, click ‘install’ and you should be all set.

I could not replicate the problem with the .go file opening twice in two editors unless I open the file explicitly using Open With and selecting two different editors. Also the second one is not locked.

1. Can you please clarify if you see the problem consistently? What happens if you create a new .go file? Does it automatically open the same file in two different editors?

2. Can you please close all the editors, restart the IDE and check if the issue persists?

Please let us know how you get on with the Go extension install.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#582681 Reply

manumura
    Participant

Dear Swapna,

First of all, thanks for your help.

1) I followed your steps to install the Go extension to CodeMix.
    Now everything seems fine, the autocomplete issue seems gone.

2) Yes the problem appers consistently. I tried to create a new .go file, close all editors, close Eclipse and restart it, but the issue still persists.

But for some reason, it seems related to my Go project rather than the Go editor.
    For example, in this project I also got some .html files and .md files. When I try to open them, they open also twice.
    I tried to open other .html, .css, .ts, and .java files from other projects in my workspace, the issue doesnt happen, they are opened only once.
    Maybe the issue is not related to Codemix then.

So I will try to delete my Go project from my workspace and import it again (didnt have time to do it yet).
    Will let you know with the result.

Thanks again for your support.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by manumura.
    #582683 Reply

Brian Fernandes

I’m assuming you’re opening the files by simply double clicking? Can you try using the context menu action Open With instead?

So if you use Open With and then choose the CodeMix editor, do you still see it open twice (and in two different editors)? Do you see any editors listed twice in the Open With menu?

#582684 Reply

manumura
    Participant

Hi Brian,
    Actually I tried both : double-click and Open With, result is the same.
    I have only the Codemix Go editor listed with I use Open With.

#582688 Reply

Brian Fernandes

When the GO file is opened in multiple editors, you continue to see it with the same two editors that you attached in your original screenshot? One of these is the Go editor from CodeMix, the other is the one from GoClipse. Can you send us a screenshot of what you see for HTML too?

I just ran a quick test and I may have a clue about what is happening – do the files you are opening exist twice in your workspace? In other words, you could have nested projects imported, such that project B exists physically within project A. If both projects, A & B, are part of your workspace, files in project B will appear as part of project A too. If one of these files is opened from the tree in project A, it opens twice – this issue is specific to CodeMix editors.

Your workaround would be to open the file from project B, or remove project A from the workspace. In the meanwhile, I’ll file a bug and we’ll look at getting it fixed.

Thanks for the report, an interesting issue for sure!

#582799 Reply

support-swapna

manumura,

The reported issue has been logged in our issue tracker – see the top of this thread for a link. Feel free to vote-up this issue, as well as others you find important!
    https://www.genuitec.com/go/codemix-top-issues

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

#582887 Reply

manumura
    Participant

I can confirm that this issue came from nested projects in my workspace.
    I tried to delete the projects then re import them with unique tree, then the issue is gone.
    Thanks both of you !

#585495 Reply

support-swapna

manumura,

I know you’re no longer experiencing this problem, but I would like to mention that we did fix it in CodeMix version 2018.5.9, which was released yesterday.

In case you haven’t already updated to this version, please use Help > Check for Updates to pick it up.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Go editor issues

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in