facebook

Go-to-URL Action – MOBILE SAFARI BACK BUTTON ISSUE EXPLAINED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Examples, HOW-TOs
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

support-michael
    Keymaster

This message has not been recovered.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #322705 Reply

Emioo

This message has not been recovered.

#323197 Reply

rbarth

I agree MobiOne is awsome.

#323725 Reply

OK. My Web App features a Form that posts an id to an external web page. I have full control over this external web page. Dependent on the id posted, a different external web page is opened (I have no control over this destination page).

1) I do not want to downgrade the experience
    2) I do not have control over the destination web page to add a back button link
    3) I do not know the content of the destination web page to create a mobile version of it myself
    4) I do not have the programming skills to create a native app

Since I post to an external page (which I do control) before redirecting to an external page (that I don’t control), is it possible to disable full screen with a line of code before this redirection takes place?

If so, what is the line of code.

Just trying to think outside of the box.

Thanks

#323727 Reply

Forgot to mention. My redirect page is written in PHP

#323749 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>Since I post to an external page (which I do control) before redirecting to an external page (that I don’t control), is it possible to disable full screen with a line of code before this redirection takes place?

No, not that I know of – its the way mobile safari works. You could open the remote site in a new browser window but I suspect that violates your #1 requirement. Another approach is to compromise the webapp mode (no button bar) and expose the button bar with nav buttons. That also may violate #1.

#324002 Reply

jbgayet

Hello,
    this seem to be working fine in the test center :
    add a panel in your page and a navigation with back and home button at the top
    launch test center and go to view source, find the empty Div of the panel and add
    <iframe src=”http://www.visitezmoi.mobi&#8221; height=”480″ width=”320″></iframe>

then you can browse the website and go back or home
    I have to try live on my iPhone now…
    regards
    JB

#324004 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@jbgayet

iframes are trouble in many cases on mobile safari. The issue is the content is frequently laid out wrong and you can not focus into the it properly for scrolling or input. Give it a try and see if you have better luck that I have.

#324163 Reply

jbgayet

so how to open a web page in full screen ? I will then add a back or home button
    jb

#325933 Reply

ahp

4) Go native
    For most of us this is not a realistic option but with a native application you have complete control over how page navigation is presented to the user. We are currently developing new native app build features for MobiOne that will enable us to offer a complete workaround for this issue in the near future.

Hello,
    I want to add a tab in my app that goes to a facebook page(i want to build a native app). Is there is any way to show facebook page in the app at the moment?
    Using GotoUrl opens browser window but i can’t go back in my app even if i disable full screen option. Is this will be working as native app on iphone?
    When is going to be released the native app build feature? It will be a nice addition in mobiOne!

Thanks in advance

#330912 Reply

soldfix

Hello, the backbutton works fine -thanks for the Example.
    My Question , i need back to my index.mob .

Can you help me please, Octavio?

best thanks MAX

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Go-to-URL Action – MOBILE SAFARI BACK BUTTON ISSUE EXPLAINED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in