facebook

Google App Engine support

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

edbras

When will MyEclipse support Google App Engine (GAE) ?

Ed

#309372 Reply

support-joy

Ed,

Adding new feature to MyEclipse is a management decision. I would recommend you add a feature request here – https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topics/myeclipse/feature-requests/

Listed below are the steps to add Google Plugin for Eclipse –
    1. Open MyEclipse IDE, from menu options click on Help > MyEclipse Configuration Center.
    2. Go to software tab and search for “Google App Engine” under the search textbox.
    3. This will list out “Google Plugin for Eclipse”
    4. Right click on the same and click on [Add to Profile]
    5. This will list the plugin under Software updates available and Pending Changes will list 1 managed change
    6. Click on [Apply 1 change]
    7. This will open a wizard which will guide you through the rest of the steps
    8. When prompted, please choose to restart the IDE.

Hope this helps.

#309376 Reply

edbras

Thanks for your copy/paste answer (I have seen exact the same answer in other posts 🙁 )

Could you please answer only my question ?

PS: I use GAE and his eclipse plugin a lot, so please don’t tell me things I don’t ask.
    I merely asked WHEN the support will be added as there no integration with the Myeclipse at this moment.

#309377 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

As Joy pointed out, you can add GAE to MyEclipse as we don’t currently integrate it with MyEclipse; you are evidently doing this already.

Evaluations of GAE integrations have been internally made, but there are no plans for GAE integration in 8.6 or the MyEclipse 9 release in the next few months. When and if we have a date, I will respond here.

I can take your suggestions back to our executive team and the evaluation team, what support would interest you? I assume you want more than us simply bundling GAE with MyEclipse.

#309379 Reply

edbras

Hi Brain,

Thanks for your quick and useful response.

Integration example: dependency lib’s have to placed in the WEB-INF/lib directory when deploying the app to GAE. It would be nice if the IDE would handle such things, like: packaging the dependent sources and putting the jar in the lib dir. This could easily be done through a Eclipse builder that is fired just before the GAE deployment takes place.
    But, this also might be improved by GAE plugin itself when they fully support maven (dependencies and directory layout).

This is just one handy integration but if you work with it you probably will come up with some more.

#309380 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

I don’t know off hand how GAE works – is the project you are deploying a MyEclipse web project by any chance or is it a special GAE project type? I do agree that if you use GAE to deploy the project, this particular feature is something they should add to their deployment process themselves.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will push it along and upwards.

#309382 Reply

edbras

I thin it’s worth that MyEclpse explores GAE itself and look at the best integration as they are the MyEclipse experts.

If you work with GAE, you don’t have a standard web project, you always have a GAE web project, as you use the GAE services (dependencies) like the datatorage, email, url connection, etc..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Google App Engine support

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in