facebook

GotoURL Popup Target Window? Native app only – CLOSED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hello,

just upgraded to mobione 2.0 and tried to open the URL in a popup window in order to test the new functionalities. In Mobione Studio 2.0 Highlights there is a session called “Go to URL Target Window Action” that is showing how Genuitec.com is rendered in a popup window. In the screenshot you can see the web page and below the toolbar with the buttons. This is exactly what I need but at the moment the only thing I’m getting is to have the web page opened in full screen hiding my toolbar.

Any suggestion on how to do to keep the toolbar?

Thanks in advance.

BR,
    G.

#326729 Reply

Hello, any idea from mobione support please?

Thanks a lot.

BR,
    G.

#326731 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@hoskaz

GotoURL with the option to render the URL in a popup window is only available in native iOS apps. See the qualifier on the “Open URL in” property See attachment native-only.png

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #326740 Reply

Hello Wayne,
    This was clear.
    What I mean is that using this option the web url is correctly opened but is hiding the toolbar, so I have no way to go back to my app. In the highlights instead i can see a screnshot where the url is opened and below you still have the toolbar.

How can I obtain the same result?

Hope this clarify

BR,
    G.

#326838 Reply

Antonio

Hello Wayne,

I have the same problem. I created an easy sample with one button calling an URL as showed in the screenshot below:
    As you can see the toolbar is disappearing once the web url is opened. How can I go back to my app?
    See attachment Image.jpg

I understood that this problem that was in verion 1.5 would be solved by this new feature (Pop Up Widows) available in version 2.
    A sample on how to do it (like shown in 2.0 Highlight below) would be appreciated.
    See attachment Untitled2.png

Thanks in advance for your quick response.

Thanks,
    Antonio

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #326849 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@Antonio, @giuseppe.scordino

Thanks for the explanation. From the screenshot it does not appear to be a native iOS app? Is this correct?

If yes, this is expected as the popup target window option for loading a remote page is only available in native iOS and android apps. There is no equivalent popup window capability for webapps running in the Test Center or the mobile browser of either platform. Instead the URL is opened in a new browser window, not a popup window.

What does this mean for navigating back from the remote page to the mobione app/webapp; where is the back button?

As you have identified, if you use a GotoURL action in a webapp running a mobile browser then there is no back-button when the webapp is saved to and launched from the iOS homescreen. In the Test Center you can change the mode of emulation from the Browser menu. Select either Web Application, Web Application (hide addressbar), or Native Application.

I hope this makes sense. Octavio and I are working on a visual descripton.

#326961 Reply

Antonio

Hi Wayne,

just to confirm I understood well, it means that the effects of this new feature can be tested only once the native file is generated and installed in my iphone. is it correct?

The effects will be the same of the one shown in the highlights with the toolbar allowing you to go back to the your app?

Thanks in advance for a visual sample. will be appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Antonio.

#326962 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>, it means that the effects of this new feature can be tested only once the native file is generated and installed in my iphone. is it correct?

This is correct.

>The effects will be the same of the one shown in the highlights with the toolbar allowing you to go back to the your app?

Correct.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: GotoURL Popup Target Window? Native app only – CLOSED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in