facebook

Grails Project Structure supported by server plugin

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

jsents

I will be honest. I have not played with the Maven4MyEclipse feature much, so the follwoing assumption could be false.

Assumption:
    Maven has it’s own standard project layout that required Myeclipse to change how it interacts with servers. To use the server plugin features, Myeclipse 6.0 and below required a project structure that would have a folder that was a “standard war or ear” . The Maven4MyEclipse changes now allow for a Maven Project layout which does not have the “standard war or ear” folder.

If this is true, is it possible to easily allow for the Standard Grails project layout. Is it something I can configure or does it require MyEclipse changes?

Thanks
    Josh

#291094 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Josh,

Actually Maven4MyEclipse was integrated with MyEclipse to interact with and support the MyEclipse project layout; so we don’t support free-form projects at this time (which will also include Grails unfortunately). Sorry about that.

#291097 Reply

jsents

Bummer.
    Do you know are there any plans to support “free-form projects”

Thanks for the quick response.

#291173 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No specific plans, we’ve wanted to for quite a while, but it’s a high-impact change (potentially breaking millions of users projects if we get it wrong) so upper management has always looked at that very warily, but with the newly added Maven support and I know we are looking at some other enhancements it’s entirely feasible it might be something we consider for 8.0, I don’t think we’d launch it in the 7.x stream right now.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Grails Project Structure supported by server plugin

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in