facebook

Gui Designer & Icefaces

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Web Development (HTML, CSS, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

nat101

Hi;
    Does ME allow full visual design with Icefaces on Linux?
    If so, which versions/revisions of ME?
    Are there any specific Linux requirements (kde/gnome/kernel/distro) to ensure that gui design with Icefaces work properly. (I ask these questions, because I was recently dissapointed with another IDE that claimed to ‘support’ Icefaces, but in the end had limited support.)
    Thank you;
    nat

#268140 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nat,
    Not at this time but we are working with the guys over at ICEFaces to possibly make this happen for the 5.5 release. No commitments yet though.

#278590 Reply

nmatrix9

It is now the year 2007, is there gonna be any chance at all of having full visual design of icefaces on Linux? The MyICEFaces tutorial I’ve noticed cannot be followed along on linux systems (no support for the Visual JSP editor)!

#278636 Reply

Riyad Kalla

nmatrix9,
    The ICEfaces integration is a realtively new addition to MyEclipse and works just fine on Linux.

Just to clarify, the ICEfaces integration has been done for the Visual JSF Designer that was added in MyEclipse 5.5 and works fine on Linux. This is separate from the Visual JSP Designer which is older and integrated with the Visual HTML Designer.

JSF, Facelets and ICEfaces page designing are all part of the new Visual JSF Designer. If you right click on your Facelets or JSF pages, under Open With you should have 2 visual designer choices, the correct one should have been set by default, but if you have tried out different defaults that might be why it’s not working.

Example:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Gui Designer & Icefaces

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in