facebook

Hang Tight is my middle name

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Sean Dynan

Hi guys

This has been happening to me consistently for months, but I’ve finally mustered up the gumption to raise the issue.

I keep getting logged out of the portal. I have deleted cookies till I’m blue in the face. I have ensured that I only access MyEclipse.com using IE6 (not Firefox).

Just now I ran a little test. I deleted my cookies, flushed my disk cache, logged into ME support forums, clicked around a few links to reassure myself that my login was valid, and waited. Almost 1 hour later, when I clicked on the ‘Forums’ link again, the portal had lost my logged in status. I had to type my name and password again.

I’m a very regular visitor to this site (probably more than twice a day), and this is crazy. The irony of having my own fair name in full public view alongside the sticky ‘Portal Login problems’ post in this very forum is not lost on me.

So unless you guys are rebooting your server VERY frequently, then there is something pretty broken somewhere.

I don’t get this problem with any other portal or forum I use, and I use plenty. And I can happily switch between IE and Firebird for those other sites too.

It’s not exactly a show-stopper, but can I be the only one suffering from this?? 😳

Sean

#206361 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Sean,
    I had this problem too when I first started helping out, and the key is to use the login on the Home page, and click the “keep me logged in” checkbox, it will keep you logged in for up to a week.

#206362 Reply

Sean Dynan

Thanks for the tip Riyad. I’ve done that now (from http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php). Hopefully I’ll stayed logged in for longer than an hour at a time.

the key is to use the login on the Home page

Why does the login on one page differ from the login on any other page?? 😕

Thanks.

Sean

#206366 Reply

Sean Dynan

Nope. Here I am 1 hour later and the ME Portal has logged me out again.

Could it be related to timezone or something? I live in Belfast which is in the GMT+0 timezone.

Sean

#206368 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm odd, I’ve asked one of our web team to weigh in on this for you. Sorry for the trouble, I know that can be frustrating.

#206375 Reply

I would be very interested in knowing if someone else is having the same problem. That might help us identify patterns or regional similarities.

I’ll dig into the session management logic over the weekend to see if we identify anything.

#206387 Reply

Sean Dynan

FWIW this behaviour isn’t specific to IE. I get logged out using Firefox 0.8 too. At least Firefox remembers my name + passwd, and auto-completes the login fields 😉

Sean

#206406 Reply

Sean,

I wish I had better news and a definite answer to remedy your chronic logout problem, but I have not been able to duplicate this problem at this end. Postings on the forums for the provider of this forum (pnphpbb2 based on phpbb) indicate a similar issue for other users and the difficulty in finding a remedy.

Based on suggestions, we re-instituted the confirmation page after the posting message in hopes that it remedy the problem. We also extended the session duration. Other recommendation suggested upgrading the software for the portal and forum. That will require considerable preparation, and not likely before end of Q2.

One last suggestion. Try deleting any cookie with phpbb2mysql name in it.

Let us know the outcome either way.

#206412 Reply

Sean Dynan

@subscriptions wrote:

Postings on the forums for the provider of this forum (pnphpbb2 based on phpbb) indicate a similar issue for other users and the difficulty in finding a remedy.

Well at least I’m not imagining things 😛

@subscriptions wrote:

One last suggestion. Try deleting any cookie with phpbb2mysql name in it.

Couldn’t find one of those. But I did flush out all MyEclipse cookies and logged in again. Let’s see what happens.

@subscriptions wrote:

Let us know the outcome either way.

All righty 😉

This daft behaviour is merely an annoyance – it won’t stop me using ME or frequenting these forums.

Sean

#206415 Reply

Sean Dynan

Nah…it’s a couple of hours later and I’m logged out again 🙁

#206419 Reply

Sorry to hear that Sean.

It’s back to the drawing board then. Any chance you can send me all the cookies you can find in your system for MyEclipse via private mail or to subscriptions@genuitec.com

#215117 Reply

Joey Geiger

Just FYI, i’ve got the same issue.

It’d be nice if the site would also keep you logged in for more than a week at a time.

#215119 Reply

Sean Dynan

It’s comforting to know I’m not alone 😥

It happens whether I use IE + WinXP, or Moz Firefox + Linux or WinXP, across two different PCs.

And yes, it would be nice if I could stay logged in indefinitely.

#215121 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I’ve noticed that it seems to make a difference whether you login in the forums or on the Home page in the rightmost column and click the “Remember Me” checkbox. Doing this does make the logins last a lot longer, it appears. Anyway, I’ve forwarded the idea about indefinate relogins because it would be easier on the support guys too. 🙂

#215123 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Adding my two cents… using the homepage login *sometimes* helps more. Using the toolbar quick login usually allows you to stay logged in for about 10mins (on my machine using Firefox 0.9.3) while the homepage will last anywhere from 30 mins, to 1 day, to 1 weeks… I’ve flushed my cookies almost every time I login, but it seems to have no effect.

I also had this behavior on Mozilla.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
Reply To: Hang Tight is my middle name

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in