facebook

.hbm.xml file deployment for Web projects

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

md10024

Hi,

I have .hbm.xml files that are generated by xdoclet tags and deployed to a “build” directory (not in my source folder).

Since I’m using JSF 1.2 I’m not deploying jars in the build path but using user libraries.

my question is, what is the best way to deploy files like ./build/com/myco/app/model.hbm.xml to my embedded tomcat6 WEB-INF/class directory?

Alternatively, does MyEclipse have a way to generate hbm files from my Java classes?

thanks,

Mark

#282259 Reply

Loyal Water

Mark,
    Have you gone thorugh this tutorial ?
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/hibernate/

#282272 Reply

md10024

yes thanks, I did read it. But should specifying the .hbm.xml files in the hibernate.cfg.xml cause them to be deployed? I don’t see that happening. Otherwise I don’t see anything about deployment of hbm.xml files in the documentation

#282337 Reply

md10024

For the record, I resolved this issue by (instead of deploying them) just adding the directory where my hbm files are located to the classpath of my app server. This enables them to be found on startup. Since I use ant build scripts for (non-development) deployment then my production methodologies are un-affected.

#282355 Reply

Loyal Water

Thanks for posting the solution.

#282379 Reply

Riyad Kalla

md10024,
    You can add that build dir as a Source folder, that will cause MyEclipse to “build” (copy) it into your WEB-INF/classes directory. I believe that is more “correct” approach.

Also, no we don’t support generating HBM.XML files for classes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: .hbm.xml file deployment for Web projects

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in