facebook

HELP! Problem with the subscription and upgrade! [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

screspo

Hi!

I had installed Myeclipse, but the trial period has ended. But I’m subscription (my user is screspo). I try to put my ussername and password in the Subscription Option in MyEclipse Menu whitin Preferences and Elipse don’t work.

The pop-up of Subscription make an strange effect…

I’m doing anything wrong? It’s a bug? I have to do a different thing to obtain a subscription key?

Thanks a lot!

#205570 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Can you tell us what OS you are on, what version of Eclipse, what version of MyEclipse, what version of JDK you are using and any other important info.

You should only need your name and subscription key, and enter them in the preferences page for MyEclipse (like you did). What happened after you enter in the key and hit OK? What happens now when you load MyEclipse? Do you see errors in your log file? (<eclipse install>\workspace\.metadata\.log file) Have you ever been to Massachusettes?

#205607 Reply

screspo

Hi! Excuse me, I should be send more info…

I’m working in W2000 and Windows XP, I tried to run in XP thinking that error could be produced by Windows Version, but in both versions I’ve got the same error.

Eclipse Version: 2.1.1
    MyEclipse Version: 2.07 (I’m not sure)
    JDK version: 1.4.2_03

When I installed eclipse, JDK and myeclipse, everything was good. Like the trial period has finished, I can’t, for example, to run Tomcat web server. A pop-up tells me that I have to get a new subscription key.

So I go to Windows > Preferences > MyEclipse > Subscription and I put my username and password (that’s right). And in this moment I’ve got the problem: I hit OK or Accept and the window do nothing (I can notice some erasing in the username and password fields, like an invisible window) – My onlu way It’s press Cancel, and OK button never work fot anyother option in the Preferences Window.

This is the message:

INVALID USER SUBSCRIPTION Please check Window->Preferences->MyEclipse->Subscription to ensure that your subscription data is entered correctly and has not expired.
    !SESSION abr 02, 2004 18:46:24.159 ———————————————
    java.version=1.4.2_03
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=es_ES
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -install file:C:/eclipse/
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core 1 1 abr 02, 2004 18:46:24.159
    !MESSAGE
    Your trial period has expired.
    Please visit http://www.myeclipseide.com
    to upgrade your subscription and receive
    your new subscription key.

INVALID USER SUBSCRIPTION Please check Window->Preferences->MyEclipse->Subscription to ensure that your subscription data is entered correctly and has not expired.
    !ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core 1 1 abr 02, 2004 18:49:43.406
    !MESSAGE
    Your trial period has expired.
    Please visit http://www.myeclipseide.com
    to upgrade your subscription and receive
    your new subscription key.

#205620 Reply

Riyad Kalla

When you say you put in your username and password, are you talking about the same username and password you use to login here at the myeclipseide.com site? Did you purchase a subscription from MyEclipse using the page here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Recommend_Us&file=payment_options? How long ago did you purchase your subscription?

Creating a login to the myeclipseide.com site is not the same as purchasing a subscription code. A subscription code is a very long strange looking number, like this: rBC2AS-987223-098679-1928470098 (this is not a real key). Is this what you are typing into the “Subscription Code” box?

#205629 Reply

Santiago,

We sent you an email with included copy of the notification email provided after your membership upgrade. Please use the included subscriber Id and Access code. You can also retrieve the same email through the member services section of the MyEclipse portal. Instructions are available at the following link: http://www.myeclipseide.com/FAQ+index-myfaq-yes-id_cat-1.html#123

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: HELP! Problem with the subscription and upgrade! [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in