facebook

Hibernate Generation – Primary Index

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Thomas Trostel
    Participant

Hi all,

Here’s a general question for you regarding the Hibernate engine. When I use the database tool and ask it to make a Hibernate mapping for me the number fields seem to be automaticaly cast as an Integer java type. This works most of the time exept when that field is a primary key on a large database. I am currently going in and changing the data type to Long which works fine as a work around but it would be nice if there were a way to specify which java type were generated for the fields if they excede a certain threshold.

If thats not a current feature can ya toss that one over the wall for the next iteration as a suggestion? BTW the mapper saves me so much time now its not funny so please don’t read this as a complaint.

Thanks!

#229466 Reply

Riyad Kalla

but it would be nice if there were a way to specify which java type were generated for the fields if they excede a certain threshold.

Tom IIRC this will be comming in 4, I’ll double check.

BTW the mapper saves me so much time now its not funny so please don’t read this as a complaint.

It’s too late, you upset the developer and he removed all of the hibernate functionality. Now when you do “Create Hibernate mapping” MyEclipse actually loads Notepad for you. We’ve “trimmed the fat” so to speak.

#229486 Reply

support-jeff

Riyad, you are too funny 😉

Tom, not sure how direct the control will be yet at time of generation, but the mapping editor that is coming will make it far easier to change after the fact.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Generation – Primary Index

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in