facebook

Hibernate Reverse Engineering with SQL Server

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

afxgroup
    Participant

Hello,
    i’m trying to use Hibernate RevEng on a SQL Server example.

I’ve configured a connection that is working correctly with both JTDS and microsoft SQL Server jdbc driver but when i try to convert a table i receive two kind of errors:

1) Invalid dialect if I specify a SQL Server dialect (2005,2008, 2012)
    2) Null pointer exception if i comment the dialect

and i have this in the log

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2018-11-26 12:35:09.372
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Generating Artifacts".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$3.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:446)
    	at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:64)
    	at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:95)
    	at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:427)
    	at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:60)

What i can do?

#603556 Reply

support-swapna

afxgroup,

Sorry that you are seeing this problem with hibernate reverse engineering.

Can you please give us some more details to help us investigate further?

1. What kind of a project is it? Web/Java or other? Is this project a newly created one or imported?
    Please share with us more details about the project. Also share with us the org.eclipse.wst.common.project.facet.core.xml file located in the project’s .settings folder to help us check the Hibernate facet version.

2. I assume you are working with the latest MyEclipse 2018.9.0. If not, then please share the MyEclipse version details with us. Also share with us the workspace log file by clicking on the icon for ‘Export Log’ in the Error Log view. Save it as .txt file and attach it here to help us get the full stacktrace of the errors logged.

3. Please also share with us more details about the driver jar and its version that is used when configuring the database connector.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    Genuitec Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Hibernate Reverse Engineering with SQL Server

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in