facebook

Hot code replace failed error [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ssidi

Hello,

I have a web-app project that is deployed on WLS 7.0 in exploded form. Every once in a while when I update the java source & save, I get the following error (I assume this happens at deploy time after compile):

Weblogic.Server at locahost:14190 (may be out of sync) was unable to replace the running code with the code in the workspace

Reason:
    Hot code replace failed – Add method not implemented.

Any ideas ?

I am using Eclipse Version: 2.1.1 Build id: 200306271545 & Workbech version 2.6.1

Thanks !
    Shah

#198609 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

The debugger issue is a restriction of the Eclipse hot-swap JPDA/JVM mechanism. Presently there is a limitation to how much a class may be modified and still be replaceable through the JPDA. My understanding is that can the shape of a class may not be modified, i.e., add/remove fields or methods. The “may be out of sync” warning indicates the change to a class within Eclipse has not been replaced in the server’s JVM. To resolve this problem you must restart your server. In the near future we are planning to add an application RELOAD feature that we believe will workaround this problem.

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#198615 Reply

ssidi

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Shah

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Hot code replace failed error [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in