facebook

Hot deployment on Jboss with 5.0 M1

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Ed ross

Seems like the semi-hot deployment on 5.0 got broken in this build.

Changes made to jsp’s no longer are automatically deployed to my jboss deploy directory.
    have to shut down jboss, manually deploy and restart jboss. If I deploy while jboss is running, I get an “out of date” warning.

thx

#252385 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I can’t rperoduce this. I installed Eclipse 3.2RC5 and MyEclipse 5.0M1 clean install, configured them with JBoss 4.0.2 and deployed a test project with an exploded deployment (make sure you are using exploded). As I made changes to the JSP and saved it and went back to my browser to refresh, I saw the changes. I also checked the deployment tool and the project was not out of date.

Are you running a script to update any files in your project? That *will* cause out of date warnings.

#252405 Reply

Ed ross

This may be a stupid question, but where is the option to deploy exploded?

#252421 Reply

Riyad Kalla

When you create your deployment (using the toolbar button as outlined in our app server doc here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/appservers/) you specify what kind of deployment. If you are using File > Export, that would explain why things aren’t going smoothly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Hot deployment on Jboss with 5.0 M1

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in