facebook

HotSync fail notification for JSPs

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

kinjalsonpal

Hi,

My config:

ME Version: 3.8.2
    Build id: 200409171200-3.8.2

Eclipse Version: 3.0.0
    Build id: 200406251208

WinXP with 384 M RAM. Running tomcat 5.x for a Struts based midsize project.

I’m facing problem with HotSync. Everytime I change the contents of a JSP, it won’t shout at that time. However, when I execute that page, it tells me hotcode replacement failure. At the same time, I do see changes being effective in the JSP. I also see changes being effective in all Java Classes as well, whenever applicable.

I wonder what else ME is trying to hot replace and keeps failing.

Please let me know what can I do to improve the situation as this has become very annoying, specially when we have lot’s of changes in view happening at last hour of delivery.

Thanks and regards,
    Kinjal Sonpal

#218450 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What JDK version?

#218454 Reply

kinjalsonpal

@support-rkalla wrote:

What JDK version?

1.4.2_01

#218455 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The hotcode replacement message actually comes from the application server notifying the Eclispe debugger of the failure, I would suggest you upgrade to JDK 1.4.2_06 and Tomcat 5.0.28 to minimize any and all strangeness encountered during hot code swapping in the JVM, a few of our tech said early 1.4.0, 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 releases have issues with debugging and hot swapping, and late releases of 1.4.1 and 1.4.2 seem to fix all the issues. I also know of some source mapping issues for JSP debugging in earlier versions of Tomcat 5, so that upgrade should help you with any debugging you decide to do as well.

#218462 Reply

kinjalsonpal

Riyad,

Thanks for the immediate reply. Since we are strangled into our delivery issues, we are not going to change anything rightnow.

However, I was thinking of reducing the annoyance for time being by checking “Do not show again” box. Is there a setting in ME, which’ll allow me later to turn this notification again?

Regards,
    Kinjal Sonpal

#218463 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kinjal,
    Its actually part of the Eclipse debugger and yes you can turn it on again: Window > Prefs > Java > Debug > “Hot Code Replace” group in the middle of the screen.

#218465 Reply

kinjalsonpal

Thanks.
    Kinjal Sonpal

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: HotSync fail notification for JSPs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in