facebook

How do I change the font size for printing

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Rob Tanner

Hi,

I’m running Eclipse 3.4 (MyEclipse 7.0) for Mac OS. Whenever I print, the font size is huge. I’m guessing at least 14 to 18 points. I try and remember to scale the output to 70% to make it usable. I cannot find any setting in the preferences that would appear to affect printing. I won’t to reduce the font size so can anyone tell me where it’s set in th first place.

Thanks,
    Rob

#296259 Reply

support-joy

Hi Rob,
    The best way to control font size is to use stylesheets. If you are using safari, you can use [Ctrl+-] to decrease the font size, and [Ctrl++] to increase the font size.
    In case you need to change the color and fontsize inside MyEclipse, you can use Window > Preferences > General > Appearance > Colors and Fonts.
    Hope this Helps.

#296262 Reply

@rtanner wrote:

Hi,

I’m running Eclipse 3.4 (MyEclipse 7.0) for Mac OS. Whenever I print, the font size is huge. I’m guessing at least 14 to 18 points. I try and remember to scale the output to 70% to make it usable. I cannot find any setting in the preferences that would appear to affect printing. I won’t to reduce the font size so can anyone tell me where it’s set in th first place.

Thanks,
    Rob

What are you trying to print? I.e. Java source code, some diagram or else?

#296283 Reply

Rob Tanner

Java source code, JSPs, etc.

#296338 Reply

I opened a PR against Eclipse. Unfortunately this problem should be fixed in the platform.

Editors will always use a bigger font for printing on Mac.

#296343 Reply

Rob Tanner

Thanks.

#535203 Reply

kateandrews
    Participant

Also planning to try this one out but I dont know that this year long after this post made, just wondering if this still works and or the issues has been resolve. I am but knowledgeable in this one though, I am looking forward to try this so I can end my printing outsource at http://www.digitekprinting.com/.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: How do I change the font size for printing

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in