facebook

How do I create a manifest file for the Maven build?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

mdarr
    Participant

Having got past on hurdle I’m on to the next one.
    How do I get Maven to create a manifest file for the JAR?
    From the Maven site it looks like there are lots of parameters within maven but I can’t find a way to set them in MyEclipse.

The Java Jar Export is failing and I don’t want to solve that problem in order to get this one fixed.

TIA,
    Maurice

#288879 Reply

Can you provide the messages from failed jar export? I do not understand the problems you are describing.

I found this useful – http://maven.apache.org/shared/maven-archiver/examples/manifest.html I tried some examples and they seem to work fine with MyEclipse.

#288912 Reply

mdarr
    Participant

Actually there are no errors per se in the Maven build. I simply cannot find out how to tell Maven to create a manifest with a main class nor include a manually prepared manifest. The entries in the POM described by your documentation don’t seem to be allowed in MyEclipse 6.5. At least the POM is flagged as invalid it I add them manually and they can’t be added by the editor. (I found the same entries in a different place but you source is much more direct. Thanks.)

I seem to be having other problems as well with manifests, main class, and jar’s. I can get a manifest with a main class but the manifest in the jar has a notation saying ‘No Entry’ and sure enough the jre can’t find the main class. In that case I have copied the name of the class from the Eclipse Run diaglog but it still does not find it. Export says there are compile warnings but I can’t find out where the actual warning are capture by the Export build.

Maurice
    Maurice

#288916 Reply

@mdarr wrote:

The entries in the POM described by your documentation don’t seem to be allowed in MyEclipse 6.5. At least the POM is flagged as invalid it I add them manually and they can’t be added by the editor.

What do you see? Do you see some error markers?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How do I create a manifest file for the Maven build?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in