facebook

How do I create a Spring Bean? (ME4S)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Spring Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kent Johnson
    Participant

I am trying to run the MyEclipse Hibernate and Spring Tutorial, but when I get to the section to run the code it shows how to create a new Spring Bean. But when I try to create a Spring bean by running the following:

Window>>Show View>>Other

I cant find the ‘Spring Bean’ option.

My Version of MyEclipse 4 Spring is 10.0.0 Build ID: 10.0.0 Build 7(111109_1440)

Am I missing a plugin or something?

Thanks!
    Kent

#323080 Reply

cconway

Hi Kentwj,

There are a few tutorials, can you please paste the link to the one you are trying, and list the section you are following?

Typically, if you were trying to create something, you would use File > New > Other not Window > Show View > Other. In ME4S there are views that help you with annotating Java classes to turn them into beans but that also doesn’t seem to match up with your question. For example, if you use Window > Show View > Other then select Spring Annotations you’ll find one of those views. I’m also unclear how creating a new bean is related to running the code.

If you can point me to the part of the tutorial that is unclear, I’ll be happy to try to help.

#323093 Reply

Kent Johnson
    Participant

Thanks for your response. The link for the tutorial I am going through is:

http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/hibernateandspring/

Section: 6. Writing and Running Hibernate-Spring Code

Figure 6. Creating the persistenceLayer Spring bean that our business logic will use

If you hit ‘Play’ on Figure 6 it describes how to create a Spring Bean. I think your right about creating Spring Beans. It appears that first you must create a class then go into the ‘Spring Explorer’ view to turn it into a ‘Spring Bean’. It was a little confusing because the tutorial showed going into the ‘Spring Bean’ view but that isnt an option in the current version of ME4S.

Thanks!
    Kent

#323096 Reply

Kent Johnson
    Participant

I have also attached a MS Word file showing the problems I am hitting.

Thanks!
    Kent

#323127 Reply

cconway

Hi Kent,

Yes, that tutorial appears to be outdated. I’ll let the documentation team know.

Do you have MyEclipse for Spring? If so, you may want to try the scaffolding feature. Here is a tutorial
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/ME4STutorialScaffoldingMVC/scaffoldingarticle.html

There are also two views in MyEclipse for Spring that help you convert a Plain Old Java Object (POJO) in to a Spring bean. Here is a short tutorial that may help:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/documentation/quickstarts/ME4STutorialSpringAnnotator/springannotatorarticle.html%5B/url%5D

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: How do I create a Spring Bean? (ME4S)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in