facebook

How do I show screens using javascript in a select list?

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mike Felker
    Participant

I have a select list control with a bunch of list items in it.

On a change event, I need a javascript script that displays a ‘screen’ for each list item.

If the list item is First Name Last Name then the value is memxx (where ‘xx’ is a one or two digit number)

Can someone help me or lead me to an example script fragment that would work.

Thank you.

Mike

#347039 Reply

Brandon

As I have said in your other post I wouldnt do it this way but you can.

Just make the screen names the persons name.

Set the list value as the mobione screen you want to open

Then, in your javascript you can call the phoneui.gotoScreen(‘m1-‘ + $(‘select[name=”selectlist1″]’).val());

#347041 Reply

Mike Felker
    Participant

Thank you for your advice.

Do I use that line of code in the select control or do I place a button on the form and then use that javascript code fragment in the button?

I tried both ways with what you provided (changed the control name to memlist) and no love for me – did not work. In fact, I cannot even select anything. I can scroll, but cannot select.

Mike

#347057 Reply

Code_A

You would place the code in the onChange event of the select list.

Cannot test now but wondering if you need a ‘#’ before the call?

phoneui.gotoScreen('#m1-' + $('select[name="selectlist1"]').val());
    #347099 Reply

Mike Felker
    Participant

For the sake of quickness (I really wanted to get this app done), I decided to take a different approach.

I used a multi-panel control and created several pages.

I put custom buttons in two rows of 5 and put the people’s names on them. I needed three pages for all the people.

This allowed me to easily load a SCREEN when clicked.

I am pretty much done with the app at this point. Now I need to figure out how to deploy it. There are a lot of graphics in it, so hopefully I did not go over the 50MB threshold.

How do I deploy it so that people can use it on their mobile devices?

I DO NOT require it to be on the app store. I just need people to be able to install it on their devices (with a app icon).

Mike

#347101 Reply

Brandon

To get it on iOS devices you have to go through Apple.

For android though you can just send people the apk file and they can install it (as long as they allow it in their settings) you can even host it on your website and point people to it.

#347102 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>There are a lot of graphics in it, so hopefully I did not go over the 50MB threshold.

Scale down all your images and run them through an optimizer to make as small as possible.

>How do I deploy it so that people can use it on their mobile devices? I DO NOT require it to be on the app store. I just need people to be able to install it on their devices (with a app icon).

Please check out these docs on the ios and android app build processes: http://www.genuitec.com/mobile/section.php?id=3

If you are targeting ios deployment outside of the app store your options are to either use ad hoc distribution and explicitly manage every device you plan to deploy to (this can be a pain) or if you only plan to deploy to your employees then consider an enterprise deployment (we use this approach for our internal company apps). In either case you will need to be a member of the ios dev program in order to acquire the certificate and provision profile required to build an installable ios app. Android deployment is much less troublesome as you can upload your app to a web server and share the URL with your party; note in this mode your users will be required to enable installing apps from non-google play location.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: How do I show screens using javascript in a select list?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in