facebook

How do we exclude servletapi-2.5 when deploying to Tomcat 6?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

md10024

Hi,

I’m using MyEclipse 6, JSF1.2 with facelets and Tomcat 6. Because Tomcat 6 includes support for Servlet 2.5 it is necessary to exclude jsp-api.jar, servletapi-2.5.jar and el-api.jar from the deployment to Tomcat. However, it *is* necessary to include this libs on the class path for compiling.

My problem is that I can’t figure out how to include these libs in the classpath for compliling yet exclude them from the deployment.

Up to now, I have been using Ant for deployment to an external Tomcat container. Now with MyEclipse 6.0 I would like to take advantage of the embedded Tomcat container and avoid the ant deploy during development.

How do I exclude jars from deployment that are required in my classpath? Also, I notice that JSF.12 is not explicitly supported in MyEclipse6. What’s up with that?

TIA!

Mark

#282124 Reply

Loyal Water

Mark,
    You can go to Windows > Prefs > MyEclipse > Java Enterprise Project > Web Project > Deployment and uncheck “Web Project Deployment should Include Jars on Web Project Build Path “

#282140 Reply

md10024

Thanks for the quick response. But how would I then include all the additional other libraries on my build path that I want deployed?

How or where does one define “jars in web project’s user libraries”?

On a separate question, I see that my project properties->MyEclipse->Spring shows “Spring version: 1.2”, I want Spring 2.0, how do I change this?

#282144 Reply

Loyal Water

How or where does one define “jars in web project’s user libraries”?

You can right click on your project and go to Build Path > Add Libraries > User Library and follow the wizard to add a User Library to your project.

On a separate question, I see that my project properties->MyEclipse->Spring shows “Spring version: 1.2”, I want Spring 2.0, how do I change this?

You will have to create a new project from scratch. You cannot change this in an existing project.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How do we exclude servletapi-2.5 when deploying to Tomcat 6?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in