facebook

How F3 (Open Declaration) to a JAR file with source provided

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I am working on 2 projects, one is a library that gets wrapped into a .jar file by an ant task and the other project is an web application using that library.

I want to work on the web application, while changing the library as necessary.

I added the library .jar file, which resides in the library project, to the Java Build Path of the application project and set the “source attachment” to where the actual source is.

My problem is that when I press F3 in my web application source to open a method from the library, it shows the actual source, but the tab says it is a .class file. And I cannot edit the source. To modify the source I have to navigate the other project’s source, open the corresponding file and locate the method.

So my question is: how can I instruct MyEclipse to open the actual source in a way that it can be edited.

I am working with MyEclispe 7.1.1 on Windows XP.

#297956 Reply

rmcvay

Why not use the other project itself as the dependency rather than the jar file exported from it?

#297969 Reply

Thanks, it works.

I first selected the library project in Properties > Project References, it didn’t change anything. I then added it in Properties > Java Build Path > Projects and removed the .jar from Properties > Java Build Path > Libraries. I could work with it but it didn’t deploy correctly.
    So I had to put it in Java Build Path > Projects AND Java Build Path > Libraries, even though it looks redundant to me.

But thanks.

#297982 Reply

Loyal Water

@Ray – Thank for helping this user out.

#297997 Reply

rmcvay

No problem. Generally I’m more curious than helpful. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: How F3 (Open Declaration) to a JAR file with source provided

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in