facebook

How long does a deployed android app link stay active?

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Mike Felker
    Participant

So I created my app, deployed it and now I have the download/install link and the apk file.

I like the download/install link because it makes it really easy for my clients to get the app. The question is, does the automated link MobiOne creates after it deploys your android app available for a limited time or is there no limit to it?

Does IOS deployment have this feature? I am about to purchase a developer’s license and then deploy my new app for IOS and I am curious how my clients can link to it?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

#347228 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

The download link from MobiOne only lasts for 50 days so it’s not really a solution for long term use, it’s basically a testing platform. You can host Android .apk files on your own server but you do not get the essential auto updates that Google Play provides. Apple iOS apps can only be distributed through the App Store, you cannot host them yourself, testing purposes allow you to distribute the app to up to 100 devices with an ‘ad hoc’ profile but you must have the UDID numbers of the devices and include these in the provisioning profile when you build the app. Once again this is a time limited solution and not an answer for general distribution.

#347234 Reply

Mike Felker
    Participant

The Android .apk hosting is fine since most of the work I am going to do is for clients. The Apple hosting is going to be a big problem without a Apple developer account and the fact that I have to put it on a public app store may not sit well with some my clients. Is there any way to privatize the distribution of Apple IOS apps?

Mike

#347235 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Unfortunately not, the only alternative is the Enterprise program.

.iOS Developer Enterprise Program
    You must be a company or organization with a D-U-N-S number to apply.
    Develop and Distribute In-house iOS Apps $299/year

You can read up on it here.
    https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios/enterprise/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: How long does a deployed android app link stay active?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in