facebook

How to configure Websphere 5?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

thanh nguyen

Hi,
    I use Eclipse 2.1.1
    I tried configuring Websphere 5 for MyEclipse without success.

1. Using JDK 1.4.1. Starting up gives this error: org.sax.driver not specified.
    2. I then tried JDK 1.3.03. The startup just terminates after a few seconds.
    The console log does not show any error.
    3. I then tried using the IBM jdk that comes with Websphere. The result is same as in #2.

The doc that comes with MyEclipse does not mention Websphere at all.

Please help

tom nguyen./

#199301 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Tom,

First, you have to use IBM’s JDK because it is heavily modified for WebSphere. No other JDK will work. Be sure to configure the connector to point to the top level of the JDK installation, not the internal jre subdirectory. Once that’s configured, just try starting and stopping WebSphere before you worry about deployment. Once that’s going…

To deploy to websphere for the first time:
    1) Use our deployer and specify ‘archive’ deployment. This will place your application in the ‘installable apps’ directory.
    2) Use the WebSphere administration console to deploy your app by stepping through its reams of wizard pages.
    3) Test that your app has been installed by excercising it.
    4) Once you’ve installed one time, you can then switch your deployment model to ‘exploded’ deployment and redeploy your application.
    5) From that point forward the exploded deployer will update websphere’s exploded version of your application in the websphere working directory.

I know it’s convoluted, but it’s WebSphere. 😉

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to configure Websphere 5?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in