facebook

How to create an area with scroll bars between toolbars

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Mike Felker
    Participant

In my project I am working on, I have a banner and toolbar on the top and then a toolbar and then a navbar on the bottom.

In between the two toolbars, I want to put content complete with text, buttons and graphics and then a scroll bar to see it all.

How do I create such a design? Is there a way to create a scrolling panel that is visually editable?

Mike

#348444 Reply

Code_A

I might be misunderstanding your question, but you can use the panel widget as a container for other widgets. The panel widget has a vertical scroll bar option and should be able to do exactly what you are describing. See the Container Widget documentation for more help.

#348448 Reply

Mike Felker
    Participant

Yep. That works perfectly. Thanks.

Mike

#348449 Reply

Mike Felker
    Participant

Not so fast . . .

I may have found a bug. When I put an invisible container in between the toolbars, when I test it in the mobile web simulator, instead of scrolling just in the panel, both toolbars and the panel scroll in weird and wacky ways.

I have not tested it on my phone, but I HOPE it does not do that!

Also, is there a way to LOCK items on the screen, such as the toolbars and other buttons/controls I do not want to change the position of? If not, I see locking as a REQUIRED feature.

Mike

#348455 Reply

Code_A

You can lock widgets in place by using setting the autoResize properties. To lock, you would want to use the red bars, to stretch you would want ti use the green arrows.

#348476 Reply

Mike Felker
    Participant

It’s very unreliable.

Instead, I am going to have to create several versions – one for small devices like the iphone 4, one for medium devices like the iphone 5/samsung 4/5, and perhaps one for large 7″ devices, although at that size, the main website should be fine.

Mike

#348528 Reply

Code_A

I have heard of others having troubles with this but I have always been able to get it to work in my apps. Did you try placing your widgets inside transparent panels and then locking the panels in place relative tot he screen? Then you can lock your widgets in place relative to the panel(s). Not sure if this will help in your situation or not but it’s worth a try if you haven’t already.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: How to create an area with scroll bars between toolbars

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in