facebook

how to disable spring validation check for singleton scope

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

slaterscc
    Participant

Hi,

We just tried ME 2016 and it’s now throwing validation errors. We use old spring where you define a bean like <bean id=”mybean” class=”myclass” singleton=”true”>.

ME is now flagging those lines as validation error saying we have an old 1.x singleton attribute in use, upgrade to ‘scope’ definition. We can’t because our spring libraries don’t support scope=.

Does anyone know how to get rid of that validation check to get rid of the false errors? The project works fine, it’s not an error.

Thanks!

#473529 Reply

support-swapna

slatercc,

With any 2.0+ DTDs/XSDs, you don’t have the ‘singleton’ attribute declared anymore so the exception is logged when the ‘singleton’ is encountered.While some apps might work fine with old definitions,unsupported attributes can cause unexpected behavior during runtime in some apps. I am afraid there is no way to turn off the validation check specifically for ‘singleton’ attribute.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.Let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#473578 Reply

slaterscc
    Participant

Right, but one of those subtopics should affect this parameter. Like under spring beans validator we have bean definition rule, bean factory rule, and more. Do you know which of those checks for the scope parameter?

This was not flagged in ME2015. It only started in 2016.

But we still use spring 3.0.2 so it can’t support and scope option. Funny that ME doesn’t recognize the version and schema from the jar file to know it’s impossible to do what it says to do. If you try to add scope=”singleton” then it correctly gives an error. So it knows. But when you use the valid option, it says to use the option you can’t do. Seems like a bug, but even a way to turn off the error or change the criticality to warn would be better.

Thank you

#473647 Reply

support-swapna

slaterscc,

Can you please give us more details about the DTD you are using?
    Please share with us the applicationContext.xml for further investigation.

You can uncheck the ‘XML Parsing Problems Rule’ under the ‘Beans Validator’, make some change to the configuration file and save it to trigger a validation check. This should remove the validation error on the ‘Singleton’ attribute.

Hope this helps.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: how to disable spring validation check for singleton scope

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in